(7 posts)
  1. truck

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 0:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello-

I've been BBug free for about 3 months, but recently uncovered some discouraging evidence... Please help me identify these pictures.

Is this a fecal stain on the mattress encasement?
    http://i31.tinypic.com/5klkj6.jpg

Is this an exoskeleton, maybe a partial one or from a nymph? It's about 2mm, and was on the opposite side of the bed/encasement as the picture above of the potential fecal stain.
    http://i31.tinypic.com/ac4rid.jpg
    http://i26.tinypic.com/j5yxs1.jpg

During my original infestation 4 months ago, I did not react to bites. I know people's reactions can change and that bites are different for everyone. That said, do you think these could be BBug bites?
    4 bites, about 4" between them all: http://i25.tinypic.com/2my1d76.jpg

A bite from a few weeks ago that blistered: http://i31.tinypic.com/10wnwv5.jpg

This is all the evidence I could find on my most recent thorough inspection. Climb-ups caught a few things, but they don't look like BBugs (maybe a small spider and a fly).

Thanks for your expertise.

2. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 16:32:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm just not sure...i looked a few times. Could go either way. Hopefully someone like David cain will pick this post up and check the photos for you.....

3. Ihatebedbugs23

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 16:41:53
    #

Login to Send PM

In my opinion I think it's 90% that you still have these evil creatures. Keep up the fight and in the end you will win. There is a lot of great info on this site to use in your war against bed bugs. Good Luck!!!!!

4. WGarrow

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 17:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

The spot on the mattress is troubling, especially since the rest seems so clean, but I don't know.

I would need to look at the possible exoskeleton under a magnifying glass, but it should look JUST like a bug, almost like it could wake up and start walking again. I'm not sure if I'm explaining that well.

The bites are also troubling, but could they be flea or mosquito bites? I broke out into many itchy painful welts on my legs, and then discovered it was an allergic reaction to something I put on them.

good luck

5. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 21 2010 17:11:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Ihatebedbugs23 - 27 minutes ago  » 
    In my opinion I think it's 90% that you still have these evil creatures. Keep up the fight and in the end you will win. There is a lot of great info on this site to use in your war against bed bugs. Good Luck!!!!!

Is that based on your analysis of the pictures? How do you account for the fact that these can be months old?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 22 2010 6:42:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The mark on the mattress is consistent with faecal material but its almost impossible from a picture to tell how fresh or old it is.

The suspect cast skin is in fact a flake of skin cell, the kind you get when a scab falls off and is thus not bedbug related.

The pictures of the bite reaction, I will have to stick to the party line and say bite responses are not an accurate diagnostic tool.

It may be bedbugs but further investigation would be advisable.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. truck

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 22 2010 17:38:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991