(4 posts)
  1. rome243

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 8:00:38
    #

Login to Send PM

https://imgur.com/a/LoFmjxH

I've been waking up to one/two tiny but itchy bites every other day. Found no bugs of any kind or even traces of them til today. This single bug was crawling on the bed. What do you think it is?

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 12:21:57
    #

Login to Send PM

rome243 - 4 hours ago  » 
    I've been waking up to one/two tiny but itchy bites every other day. Found no bugs of any kind or even traces of them til today. This single bug was crawling on the bed. What do you think it is?

Obviously not a bed bug, but a beetle. Compare to pictures of bed bugs so you can see the differences.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. rome243

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 17:32:22
    #

Login to Send PM

The body is see through except the bottom tip which is black. Keeping me up was the thought that it was a female bed bug that wasn't engorged. What kind of beetle could it be or rather, does it harm humans?

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Oct 4 2018 18:18:52
    #

Login to Send PM

rome243 - 46 minutes ago  » 
    The body is see through except the bottom tip which is black. Keeping me up was the thought that it was a female bed bug that wasn't engorged. What kind of beetle could it be or rather, does it harm humans?

It's hard to tell because there's tape in the way, but it's not one that harms humans.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg