(4 posts)
  1. Matt

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Apr 2 2012 20:08:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

I was diagnosed with a very minor bed bug problem in the beginning of February. The PCO said they'd be gone after the first treatment, regardless he came two weeks later to perform a followup, and found nothing.

Since then my skin has gone nuts. I've broken out into hives, they've subsided. There were no bites with the hives. More recently it looks like I'm getting bitten again, but I'm simply not sure. There are no sign of bugs, whatsoever. Do old bites flare up?

I'm getting little spots on my upper arms, chest, and stomach. Areas that I am prone to getting mild acne, naturally all I see are patterns of triangle and lines.

I'm afraid to go crying to my landlord again, if this is a false alarm. Any advice from some survivors would help this work-logged student breathe.

Thanks!

2. Els89

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Apr 2 2012 20:55:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not all that knowledgeable about bed bugs, but I will say that my old bites have flared up a few times. They usually look a bit different than they did when I initially got them; smaller, and more like a pimple than a bug bite. One thing that has really helped me in telling whether the bites are new or old is to check the sheets. Have you had the telltale blood spots? If you plan on getting rid of your bedding when all is said in done, consider marking the old spots. I circled all of mine with a bold, bright marker, and checked the bed each morning for new stains.

Hope that helps!

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Apr 3 2012 8:10:28
    #

Login to Send PM

What Els said about flare-ups and logging your marks (you can paste a little clear adhesive tape over the marks and date them as a "non destructive" option). People have delayed or extended skin reactions. Most skin reactions are not to bed bugs. Review our FAQ for a solid introduction to BB, how to identify and find them and how to find them. Keep inspecting your sitting ans sleeping areas at least weekly. This should empower you now and for the future. I would alert the landlord only if I have good physical evidence of bed bug activity in your apartment (your skin reactions alone are not included in that list).

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. Matt

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Apr 3 2012 20:30:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys.

Its such a nightmare, as I'm sure you're both aware. The advice is much appreciated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,813 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen