Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Help for the BB itch?!?

(18 posts)
  1. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 20:22:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I will be calling PCO tomorrow to set up a consultation. I don't have a damn dime to pay for it yet but at least get things rolling.

I'm bitten all over. I'm losing my mind, and the heat wave we're having just is NOT helping. I bought some Benadryl gel in hopes that would help but well, it's not. I will probably just try a Benadryl pill tomorrow night. Hard NOT clawing myself to bits here.

2. BittenBoy

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jul 18 2019 6:49:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Try something called Caribbean Breeze Aloe Burn Relief Gel. It's got lidocaine in it & seems to offer the best (temporary) help. I bought a bottle on Amazon.

3. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jul 18 2019 6:56:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I might try that (or anything with lidocaine might help from the sounds of it). I did rub rubbing alcohol on myself (NOT my recliner, just rubbed on my bites) because the itching was making me insane. That and it helps cool me off and it's freaking hot right now, so it's a win/win because it actually helped the itch.

I might try hand sanitizer because it's easier to apply.

4. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jul 18 2019 7:11:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello !!!
    I feel your pain !!!
    My bites do not itch really they pinch .
    And they look like a tiny cut .
    I just spray and isopropyl alkohol for desinfection .
    I I may suggest spray an 99%isopryl alkohol ( (for now )on that damn recliner as well .I have that problem with the sofa .i would gladly get rid of it but I can not do that at the moment
    .Do visual thorough inspection first .Kill what you find .
    hand held steamer would be good . Buy Persil or Kleen Green or just. Dishwashing liquid Dawn ,mix with water and spray spray spray where you ssuspect they may be hidding ..That mix is relatively safe to use around pets .David from this forum suggests to use it that way .(it about active enzymes).
    Stay cool !!!!!!

5. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jul 18 2019 7:54:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm paranoid about spraying anything that might be mold-inducing, especially with this heat. Would looooove to spray alcohol on it but pretty sure the bleepers are inside where the alcohol wouldn't reach. Do they die once it's already dry? This stuff dries so fast.

I saw one this morning *shudder* and picked it up with a tissue and down the toilet it went.

6. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Jul 18 2019 8:19:09
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear you !!For how long have you been bitten on this recliner!?
    You need to prioritize what is more important.
    I would suggest call PCO for inspection to determine how big is infestation .
    Trust me the process of eradicating those bloody monsters it might be long and painful .Prepate yourself for it Mentally As well .It is a lot of work .I would not worry about mold ..Iam using it all the time .But my infestation was big (I have found them in the bathroom and in the kitchen as well bc of my not so severe reaction even if u spot a bug here and there I didn’t think about it much kill it and brewmaster done with it but one day back in July 2018 I saw one crawling on my bed and than every day started to see them around a apartment like 4 -6 a day and it hit me it might be bed buds (never had them before I didn’t have a clue back than that they still existed .
    After extensive search I found about 60 small ones inside of my dresser (opposite my bed and I found a feacals (like a mold under a glass cover of my nightstand by the bed ..on bed Actually I found only one casing .no fecals .
    You need to start doing something before the matter get out of hands .
    Good luck to you .
    Iam still fighting but my bites subsided so I know Iam on the good truck .

7. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Jul 19 2019 8:12:24
    #

Login to Send PM

They couldn't come out yesterday and I'm booked solid today through Sunday (volunteering at an event). So Monday it is.

Been bitten for awhile. Longer than I realized I think. It wasn't much until recently. I almost wish we could leave for a few days and let the sun cook the house during this heat wave.

8. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Jul 19 2019 10:22:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear you ..I am actually going away fro a weekend .o I will close up my place and hopefully they would bake for good .The sofas and recliner probably the worst to deal with .
    Please let us know what PCO would say and what’s the next step .I suffer myself for so long I know the majority is gone but they are still around bc here and there I received bites .
    Even if in my case no itching just a little red cut or welts (it depends of which part of the body has been bitten ..the back is the worst )but the actual bite makes me so down ,so depressed .Of courses I am trying to get a grip a do my routine as always (vacuuming ,steaming ,laundry)but it’s so exhausting ..mentally bc when you do your stuff ,and everything looks clear You got bitten again !!!!!
    Stay cool ..sorry for my ranting

9. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Jul 21 2019 19:04:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Rant away! They seem to be favoring my arms and legs. The bites are getting ridiculous. They are just compounding. They take sooo long to go away and before they even have a chance to go away, there are more. And more. UGH. Took a Benadryl tonight since I can actually sleep in tomorrow. Thankfully the heat let up so that helps a bit with the itch.

Will let you know how it goes with PCO. I put a white sheet on my recliner and OMG, the evidence of carcasses is just disgusting. To make it worse, it's like they melt after they die. I don't know how else to put it. It's like an ink image of them is on the sheet. Same thing happened on my arm the other day (I freaked out at first thinking I wouldn't get it off).

10. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 14:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Iam so sorry to hear that but I understand that help is needed IMMEDIATELY!!!!Try to set up an appointment with the PCO ASAP ..don’t wait any longer because it’s gonna be worse From you are describing it looks like the infestation is in full bloom .
    My heart goes out to you !!!! I have suspicion mark on me from last night and Iam trying convince myself it is not bb bite ,just a skin reaction.It does look different .But you know I have always been lately suspicious,looking .and checking and getting scard ..ugh ..it’s been soo long !!!!

11. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 15:16:42
    #

Login to Send PM

PCO will be here in the next hour or two. I also bought a recliner encasing (they DO exist!). I have no idea how well it works in the sense of allowing it to actually recline, but it was worth it to try.

I saw THREE crawling on the arm of my recliner this morning. I legit thought I'd throw up. One was a tiny one who'd obviously just dined. I had slept later this morning (because I could) but kinda wishing I hadn't now.

I'm so hoping the PCO can do something or offer advice of something to do prior to actual treatment. Besides the encasement, which will take time to get here. This is just a free consultation so nothing will be done right away. I have to arrange accommodations for my six pets before we can do that.

12. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 19:24:50
    #

Login to Send PM

So, PCO came by. Checked out my recliner, both bedrooms on the first floor, and the attic (where lady who lives with us sleeps).

Checked out my recliner first. Said it was not too bad - I was like, are you serious?? He said it's probably been there since April or May, but not really at infestation level. Another month or so it would be different.

Checked out my bedroom. Saw nothing other than a few eggs that had been dead for a long time. Said it was possible it was from putting some something on the bed at one point temporarily, but whatever it was was awhile ago. No bed bug dirt though (thank goodness) or other signs of them.

Checked out upstairs. Said it was basically ground zero and definitely the beginnings of infestation level.

Checked out mom's bedroom, as it was directly below the infestation. Said they were up at the top of the mattress. Mom has not had any reactions so has just assumed she wasn't being bitten (therefore assuming nothing in there). She was wrong.

PCO was telling us about the latest greatest thing they are using - a fungus suspended in oil that only affects the bed bugs. It does not affect other insects, pets, humans, etc, once it has dried. Obviously we all have to leave during treatment. It sounds like it's less expensive than heat treatment and more thorough. Not only does it kill bed bugs that come into contact with it, but if affected bed bug comes into contact with other bed bugs, it will kill them. Basically sounds like the closest thing to a bait trap they have at this point (minus the bait part). I'm sure I'm simplifying it but still wrapping my head around the whole conversation.

PCO will be contacting me tomorrow to let me know their schedule. Then I have to contact my vet to find out a good day we can bring the critters over during treatment. I also have to look at my own work schedule to figure out how this will work with that.

Also mentioned spraying chair with alcohol from a spray bottle. Said encasement was fine but PCO would likely take off during treatment (fine by me). Calmed me down considerably.

13. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 19:38:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for an update .Of course you feel better just to hear professional talking .I wonder what he had on mind .?I didn’t use any fungus but I think he meant Aprehend?Please let me know .
    Good that you bought that cover for recliner since it’s really hard to treat .Like my sofa .I wish I I I could have kept it encased all the time but I can’t .Make sure he put some dust Inside of it .

14. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Jul 22 2019 19:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

btw ..don’t talk to vet what is the reason you bringing your babies over ,knowing that they may refuse to take them -just saying .
    I wish your situation would be resolved very soon but you need to have your routine to keep things working .I mean vacuuming ,checking ,monitoring .Ask PCO about what kind of monitors you can use .You can make one yourself out of cardboard.Look out Loubag here ,he gives really good instructions how to make ones .
    This whole eradication process it’s costly .
    Keep my fingers crossed for you !!!!
    Good free of bites night !!!!

15. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Tue Jul 23 2019 20:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

My vet won't refuse. With six pets my vet knows me well and it was someone there who asked on my behalf. We will take precautions of course per vet's request, there are some flea treatments that actually do work on BBs, so we'll have to do that. How they work on BBs I don't understand - my guess is it repels them more than anything else.

Date tentatively set for August 5th.

16. BBDespiser

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Tue Jul 23 2019 20:45:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I did have to mention why though as my vet doesn't typically do any boarding. This is really a favor more than anything.

17. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Tue Jul 23 2019 22:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Great !!!Good for you !!!!Hang in there !!!
    I hope that your problem with those pesky pest will be resolved soon !!!

18. Our Bedbug Overlords

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jul 31 2019 18:13:01
    #

Login to Send PM

We used Deep Woods Off on bites (not as a repellent just after being bitten). One spray on arms or legs or wherever and no more itch. Don't know why it worked. Cold I guess combined with the alcohol. Given we looked like we had measles from the hundreds of bites per night we were pretty desperate. Clove oil works pretty well, numbs it out anyway.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,427 posts in 49,259 topics over 152 months by 21,590 of 22,013 members. Latest: Ddukes, acidburn, metropest