(5 posts)
  1. Rainbles

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 30 2014 0:26:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help me identify these bugs!

I woke up on Sunday (1/26/14) with 20+ bites all over my body, and have since collected these bugs from my person and on my bed. There seems to be at least 2 different types, and this was one of them
    Any help identifying this or any of them in my album --> http://imgur.com/a/YeuT3 would be much appreciated!

Also, I managed to catch a live one in a piece of tape, uploaded it here --> Video of live bug

All of these are about 1mm, barely visible. Are these bed bugs? Some of them look like mites to me, but I just want to be 100% sure. Thanks so much!

2. Rainbles

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 30 2014 4:18:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted this in the "What's this bug" subreddit on Reddit, it seems that most seem to agree that these aren't bed bugs, but just wanted to get more definitive opinions, thanks!

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jan 30 2014 7:28:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Great images, it really helps us to help you.

In this case, 100% not bedbugs.

The first samples is almost certainly a Pscocid or book louse (lots of info if you search the forum).

Second sample appears to be a type of mite and is most likley to be the cause of your issue.

I would arrange to have the samples confirmed by an entomologist and once the species is known you will know how to start dealing with it successfully.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Rainbles

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 31 2014 0:04:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk

Thank you very much for taking the time out to look at everything and reply! It is a huge help and relief, and yes, I have been looking at this site this past week every day looking at all the pictures of different bugs, but it sure it great to hear a more definitive outside opinion, I was starting to doubt myself!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jan 31 2014 7:15:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its always fastest to up load the image and ask for opinions.

On that note it really helps some of us if you say things like "I don't think its bedbugs but want a second opinion" as on one level it shows you have done your homework but given that pscocids are not an recognised common pest issue and mites although recognised better are even more misunderstood.

Good luck resolving the mites though, please be careful with some of the mite specific websites as so of the information is not as accurate nor as safe as it should be.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,891 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019