Help! Concerned about what my PCO did

(8 posts)
  1. satansbed

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 22:29:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Question for any PCO's that read this site...
    Had a guy come from A Federal in Brooklyn today. He was very nice and somewhat casual. I was afraid that he might not want to spray given that I haven't found any bugs, just some bites and spots of blood. But he said he would spray, and it was a combo of 3 things - Gentrol, pyrethryin (sp?) and something called PI I think? He said there was a contact killer and a month long residual, and that he might come back in a month if I was still getting bites. I left to hang out with my cat in the courtyard while he sprayed, so I didn't see everywhere he was going to spray but as I was walking out I saw him just attack the exposed brick wall behind my bed. I thought, good, he's going to kill the bugs dead!
    After about ten minutes he came out to the courtyard, I signed the paper, and he was gone. I said, I should stay out for 4 hours? He said, well two, but really after half an hour the stuff will be dry and it should be okay, just check it out. Went back into the place after half an hour but left my cat outside in the rain. My ENTIRE floor was still *very* wet, he obviously didn't spray just baseboards/crevices but absolutely drowned my place in the mixture. I didn't see him inspecting anywhere, no steam, no DE, nothing but this can that I could tell. Sat outside for two hours with my kitty, all was dry then but the smell was still very intense. I put kitty in the bathroom w/ fan and open window and went to the laundromat and then the movies. 8 hours after he sprayed I came home and the smell is still *Very* strong, windows are open and fan going full blast.

So I"m worried about three things 1)my eyes are burning. Hopefully they will feel better when I wake up in the am. 2) My cat walks all over the floor, obviously, and is currently licking his paws as cats do. I cleaned them off as best I could but I am now really worried about him. 3) Is this responsible PCO behavior? Should I trust this guy?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 22:41:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like problems! I can give you some advice but it would be to long here to type. let me know if you want to talk via phone. I'm able right now as I see you just posted this

3. satansbed

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Sep 9 2008 22:49:29
    #

Login to Send PM

pm'd you queen, yes please call me!

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Sep 10 2008 0:03:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Keep us posted satansbed. Hope you and kitty are OK.

Jim

5. wirehead

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Sep 10 2008 11:14:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I would keep the cat out of it as much as possible. We kept ours out of the house for a few hours after spraying (they said the full four hours wasn't necessary since they didn't treat the whole house), but have kept them away from the treated areas. Our PCO used a combo spray of Gentrol and CyKick, and though the labels said not to be there while he was treating and not to let it contact skin, he had me stay and help him (including touching wet surfaces, whee) and we just opened the windows so the fumes didn't get too bad.

Anyhow, though it's not supposed to be dangerous to animals or pets, since they do lick their fur and paws, I decided to err on the side of safety and keep them out of the bedrooms for a few weeks, since there's residual still. We also have DE down, and though that's also technically safe for them, I figure it's better to just keep them out of it. Don't know how feasible this is for you, but I would definitely consider confining him in the bathroom for at least 24 hours, or keeping him away from the treated areas if at all possible. Again, it's probably not necessary, but would certainly make you feel better.

6. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Sep 10 2008 14:09:03
    #

Login to Send PM

SB? KQ? How are things?

Jim

7. satansbed

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Sep 10 2008 16:00:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm at work, I'm okay, thanks to everyone is concerned about me. Cat was okay this morn. Got the names of the chemicals but too busy at work to write out now, will sign on later. You guys are all awesome!

8. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Sep 11 2008 16:45:32
    #

Login to Send PM

The update is:
    They used 1 product not even labeled for Bed Bugs.
    1 Federal Violation

2. They did an illegal application (broadcast) with another product.
    2nd Federal Violation

3. They used a contact insecticide but saw no Bed Bugs. This product has 0 Residual.
    Class act!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19