HELP! Cincinnati, OH

(3 posts)
  1. creepycrawlies2016

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 18 2016 11:06:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Discovered bed bugs recently. Have had two inspections from two different companies, gave comflicting results. First didn't find anything and second was rude and pushy but did find two live bb on my box spring. Wanting to go with heat treatment but have no clue where to start. Just got off the phone who does 24 hr heat treatment but doesn't stay in home to rearrange furniture or anything. Are there any good companies that can do heat treatments in the Cincinnati area with a good success rate? I'm at my wit's end and concerned for my two young children HELP PLEASE

2. goawaybedbugsnow

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 18 2016 11:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in the Dayton area and used A-Abel Exterminating. They are kind, understanding, affordable and honest. We had an inspection December 23rd. Like you, our PCO only found a few bugs, but did find other evidence. They came out the next day (yes, Christmas Eve) to do a chemical treatment. We were the only house on our PCO's schedule that day, but he was still extremely friendly and thorough. We only found two tiny nymphs between the first and second treatment - they likely hatched in that time period - and have had no bugs, no bites and no evidence since the second treatment 10 days ago (huge knock on wood). We are having a third "just in case" treatment in a few days and hopefully that's it.

We suspect that my daughter brought them home from school because she had a bad habit of throwing her nice, fuzzy, bed-bug cozy North Face jacket on her bed after school. A girl in her class had bed bugs treated in her home the month prior (I found all of this out later or I would have been much more careful!).

I completely freaked out when I found out we had them and would have definitely paid the extra $$ for heat treatment. Since our problem was confined to one room, our PCO was very confident that the chemicals would do the trick. They treated the entire house and we are praying that it worked. He could have easily had me go with the heat treatment, which is double the price, but he was very honest.

If you call them to schedule a free inspection, talk to Tricia. She is very helpful!

Good luck!

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Jan 18 2016 20:02:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You may find relevant posts in threads tagged Cincinnati PCOs. You can also search in the search box for Cininnati and heat. There may be a few people like the poster above currently active in your area, but existing threads from those who've moved on will likely be a good resource also and likely give you more input.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,337 posts in 50,176 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14