(6 posts)
  1. joteimo

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 9:29:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,
    I found this bug in my sons bed while changing the sheets! I have also found one on my little girls bed. they were both dead.
    also my kids have been getting bites from some sort of insect on the arms and legs almost everynight.
    Can some one help to identify this bug?
    here is the link:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/68813752@N04/

Thanks.
    Joe.

2. lsdrg706

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 9:34:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It looks like a bed bug to me, but I am by no means an expert. I'd wait for confirmation from someone else here.

In the meantime, did you look for any other signs of their presence in the bedding? Black spots (fecal matter), cast skins, eggs, or other live bugs? They can hide in the tiniest of spaces, but you may be able to find such other evidence in the seams of mattresses or crevices of the box springs.

3. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 9:36:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I second, it does look like a BB.

Now, don't freak out. Go to the FAQs and begin reading up on these little beasts.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 10:15:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry but it is.

Jim

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 12:15:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, sorry its a bedbug.

Try not to panic, switch reading tot he FAQ's for a few hours and gen up before you jump into action to help make sure you take the correct first steps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. joteimo

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 18 2011 16:07:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all the help folks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123