Help! Bites, but cant find bugs & moving

(5 posts)
  1. MovingMama

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri May 11 2018 21:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting bit for about a year. Initially once a month, now every 2 weeks or so. I cannot find the bed bugs. I saw ONE about 18 months ago, and at that time my roommate was getting bit. She has since moved out. My daughter has been bit once, my son 3-4 times.

I cannot find the bugs but there is a lot of clutter.

I am moving in 5 weeks and only taking clothes (I'll wash, dry, pack them in bags), my Tv's and gaming system and my daughter's bunk beds. My mattress will be tossed, as well as couches, books and all other furniture.

Am I missing anything? I don't think we're infested because we never see bugs. This all started when people moved in downstairs.

2. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat May 12 2018 1:44:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I would maybe get some canned air and puff at your electronics a bit just in case, but if they were far from your bedding area, hopefully they weren't too interesting for the bugs to harbor in. I've read that bed bugs don't often like harboring in electronics unless they're pretty close to the bed. (Like a laptop left on the bed or an alarm clock directly beside it.)

Someone on this forum advised for me to get Cimexa when I moved and I think if anything it at least gave me some peace of mind to lay down a perimeter around my new home (not too much, and follow the instructions on the label.). It helped me feel a little safer.

3. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat May 12 2018 3:16:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I was instructed to wipe down the TV screens with Windex and just visually inspect and vacuum the electronics. We're in the same boat thanks to a hoarding neighbor that refuses to declutter. Or allow treatment because of her kitty. We were clear just to get them back. Saw a live one coming out of the wall socket last Friday 😭 Thankfully We're out next Friday. Only taking clothing electronics and the crib. We were instructed to steam it first. Id steam the bunk beds. The kitchen items if you're taking any just need to be ran in the dishwasher or handwashed. I've double bagged all fabrics so I can peel the outter cover off right before we move.

4. Damnbugs22

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sat May 12 2018 3:19:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Someone on this forum advised for me to get Cimexa when I moved and I think if anything it at least gave me some peace of mind to lay down a perimeter around my new home (not too much, and follow the instructions on the label.). It helped me feel a little safer.

Completely agree. we're dusting with DE (safer for my 8 month old) and setting up passive monitors before we move in.
    Is Cimexa a better choice?

5. Pattycake

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat May 12 2018 21:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Cimexa is supposed to be better and kill bb faster than DE. There are some studies and some links on this forum.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,661 posts in 44,814 topics over 137 months by 19,670 of 20,375 members. Latest: Aryn, JASM, Tashagene