Help! Are these bed bug bites? Pics of bites and bug

(8 posts)
  1. Heeeelp77

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 10 2019 14:53:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I woke on Weds morning got dressed for work and while at work my feet started itching. Took off my socks and saw a bunch of little bites. Wasn't sure if they were hives. I slept on the couch the night prior cuz it was too hot in my room.

I had just returned from a trip, my neighbor was coming in to feed my cat while I was gone. I am now watering his plants while he is gone and I see bug traps under the feet of his bed, bad sign.

The socks I put on did not go with me on my trip they were in my sock drawer in my room. My feet is the main area I've been bitten with just a couple bites on my arms and legs.i found this bug while examining my sock drawer, the pic is zoomed in it's actually tiny. Also, here's a pic of my feet bites.... Anyone have any ideas what this is? I'm freaking out. I have slept in my bed the past two nights and haven't really noticed any new bites but it's hard to tell when there are like 100 already and they all still itch 3 days lateršŸ˜­

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TjPLv4VJCGTrBwxq8

2. Heeeelp77

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 10 2019 14:57:58
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 10 2019 16:30:55
    #

Login to Send PM

When I hear cat and see that many bites on a feet I immediately think of fleas. The bug is not a bed bug and you have too many bites out of the sudden.

4. Heeeelp77

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 10 2019 20:18:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 3 hours ago  » 
    When I hear cat and see that many bites on a feet I immediately think of fleas. The bug is not a bed bug and you have too many bites out of the sudden.

I hope you are right, I don't want either but I'd prefer fleas, lol. Still seems strange that I can be gone for a week and suddenly have a flea (or bed bug for that matter) problem. My cat hasn't been outside in 10 years and we live on the 6th floor! Idk how he would get in here! Fingers crossed that's all it is.

5. tami869

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sat Aug 10 2019 22:32:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Im not a professional, but I believe that is carpet beetle larvae. The reaction you are having is caused by their hairs.

6. Whirled Peas

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 3:59:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, bedbugs don't nest in your socks, they almost always make their home in the cording of your mattress. They like dark, tight spaces. They can and will live in any nook & cranny, such as baseboards or dresser drawers. But they especially like the folds and creases of your bed, sofa, or favorite easy chair.

They like fabric and wood surfaces, and they will also nest in your electronic appliances. From there they come out at night to feed. And they will find you because, like mosquitoes, they "smell" your perspiration and carbon monoxide exhalation.

And bedbugs don't bite you the way a flea or tick would. Their legs don't let them attach and embed themselves to the host. They need to wedge themselves between you and your sleeping surface so they can poke their proboscis through your skin and feed. This is why bedbug sores are always found on legs, arms and middle back.

You're having an allergic reaction to some kind of insect bite, probably fleas.

7. Heeeelp77

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Sun Aug 11 2019 11:22:41
    #

Login to Send PM

tami869 - 12 hours ago  » 
    Im not a professional, but I believe that is carpet beetle larvae. The reaction you are having is caused by their hairs.

I think you may be onto something!!!! I found a squashed bug in my couch while vacuuming just now... Took a pic and put it through Google lense and it said CARPET BEETLE! then I googled the rash they leave, it matches mine more than bed bug bites, then found pics of the larve, and they looked much more like the pics of the bug I posted, with the distinctive stripes which bedbugs don't seem to have at any stage. The one in my pic had darker stripes but that could be due to age. It gives me some comfort to feel like I may have gotten my answer, and that I'm not actually being bitten and blood sucked... This is just a allergic reaction.. but it's still no fun! I have no idea how they would have gotten in here but I if I have an infestation or the start of one, it's pretty new and any tips in getting ahead of it are welcomed! Will add new pics to gallery link!

8. Whirled Peas

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 12 2019 1:08:49
    #

Login to Send PM

A topical analgesic like Benadryl or hydrocortisone provides immediate relief. Don't use for more than about four or five days, it will dry out your skin and cause a rash worse than the bites.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956