Hello new and very sad

(12 posts)
  1. M_bugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 12:13:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm glad to find this forum, so thank you.

Found bug on Monday, there's were other clues (earlier) that I didn't realize. In a matter of a few minutes my entire world is upside down. Today at work I had a thought...I have to go home later 😥
    It's hard to be present, I've turned into an evil mother to my 15 year old. 1st chemical treatment tomorrow. I live in apt. Everything happens for a reason I guess. It's hard not to wonder what I did wrong to deserve this. This is no less than traumatizing. Good luck to everyone here beat this fucking nightmare. You're all in my thought and prayers. Trying desperately to be positive.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 12:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Although the treatments can be invasive and time consuming you have to remember that it's just bugs, and many infestations are treated without having re-infestations.
    Hang in there, it sucks right now but it gets better.

3. M_bugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 13:02:28
    #

Login to Send PM

You're right it is just bugs! Hard to keep things in perspective. Nice to hear that treatments work. I'm doing all I can, expensive and time consuming. My bedroom is (was) my sanctuary... Grateful to have apt management pay for treatment. Thank you 😅

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 14:20:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bed bugs can be beaten.

Also the most important part, the how to avoid in future is free. Often overlooked but:

Once bitten twice shy

Have a delve into the FAQs and use the search function at least as much as you post and you will find this site is a massive help in just about every way, from help to humor and passion to poetry. Its the Spanish steps of the bed bug universe.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Caesar2017

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 14:22:15
    #

Login to Send PM

We found a bed bug in a hotel room and I'm currently terrified that despite taking every precaution not to bring any home we still may have. However, I keep trying to remind myself that these bugs are nothing more than a colossal nuisance. Everything I've read says they don't spread disease and no matter how much you're attacked they can't kill you. A million people a year die from mosquito bites. Despite every effort to remain positive it's still stressful. Best of luck with your battle, I hope it ends swiftly and cleanly.

6. gingercat

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 15:45:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I could have written this 3 years ago. Seriously, the only difference is the ages of our children (mine was 6 at the time). I was a mess. A few days after having the bug we found confirmed as a bed bug I decided to concentrate all that negative energy into prepping for treatment. It worked somewhat. I'd still have moments when I'd be so overwhelmed and scared that I'd break down, but working kept my mind occupied for most of the time. The PCO who helped us even remarked on how well we had prepped. 😸 We were clear within a month of finding that first bug.

I know it's easy for me to say this now, but bed bugs are not the worst thing that can happen to a person. I made the mistake of thinking that way and all it did was make everything more difficult. Think positively, everything will work out in the end.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 16:34:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Try not to worry too much. My impression is most people get rid of the problem fairly swiftly with professional treatment. Forums attract people with extreme cases, so reading stories here often freaks users out, but we have plenty of the ordinary cases too, and the people who post them often have no reason to stick around.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 16:47:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Try not to worry too much. My impression is most people get rid of the problem fairly swiftly with professional treatment. Forums attract people with extreme cases, so reading stories here often freaks users out, but we have plenty of the ordinary cases too, and the people who post them often have no reason to stick around.

Couldn't agree more. One of my favorite quotes, "No one wants to read a story about a house that DIDN'T burn down." Tales of bed bug woe far outweigh the cases that are solved swiftly and thoroughly. Just the nature of us humans to write about things that bother us.

9. M_bugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 22:08:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks everyone. My son helped with laundry tonight. Things are coming along and I am prepped pretty well. I think I did purchase a steamer (McCullen?) it will arrive Monday. The PCO said I can use it on items they aren't able to treat. Thanks again for the encouraging words. One the upside I'm pretty sure I've lost some weight. I'll just have to see what they say tomorrow morning.

10. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 10 2017 20:44:59
    #

Login to Send PM

@Gingercat Nice of you to share encouragement. Have you written your success story? People love to hear them.

11. bbcomox

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 11 2017 2:28:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just want to say that this can be solved. I went through this four years ago, and while it was tough during the three months I was enduring, it was eventually over. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck!

12. gingercat

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 22 2017 10:39:11
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving - 1 week ago  » 
    @Gingercat Nice of you to share encouragement. Have you written your success story? People love to hear them.

No, I haven't written one. By the time I was sure we were clear I believed it would be too late, but I suppose I could write one now. It certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur