Heat vs. Chemical (please advise)

(3 posts)
  1. scaredandashamed

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jan 7 2016 9:12:52
    #

Login to Send PM

We have a very estimated small infestation. We've had 2 PCOs to our home to inspect, and neither found any evidence of BBs. We have a chemical treatment scheduled for tomorrow, but after reading, I'm very apprehensive about it. How effective is it? I just want them gone, by whatever means. I don't want to think they're gone, only to have to treat again 6 months from now. We do have a 3rd (and final) PCO coming this afternoon that offers heat treatment, and since we have a confirmed specimen, will agree to treat even if they don't find anything definitive upon inspection.

So now I'm torn. I want to go the most effective route, but also want to keep this as inexpensive as possible. We are just learning about BBs, and I'm far from an expert, but it seems from what I've read that heat is the way to go to get success?

How many of you have had success using chemical only?

2. scaredandashamed

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jan 7 2016 9:17:54
    #

Login to Send PM

A little bit more info: we've found one confirmed bed bug in our home prior to the 2 inspections. First PCO said it was a 3rd stage instar, second said it was 10 days old. One known bite. No others that we know of since 12/24.

3. bb2014

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jan 7 2016 14:12:37
    #

Login to Send PM

From my own experience: we had 3 chemical treatments in our bedroom where the dog alerted. Did not work. Ended up with heat treatment and another chemical for the entire house.
    I think heat treatment is expensive but saves you tons of work. No need to wash clothes or any other fabrics. If combined with chemical application gives you the most powerful weapon against those little creatures.
    Viking does the heat treatment for fair price.
    Remember , one bug doesn't make an infestation.Look for more signs or get a dog inspection.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88