Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Heat Treatment Companies in E TN??

(10 posts)
  1. mfsray01

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 16 2010 10:04:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Are there any heat treatment companies in or near E TN? I've got an infestation of bed bugs that is currently being treated by a regular PC co. and after two treatments it's still not 'taking'!! First treatment was about 10 days ago with followup four days later. We have encased the box spring and mattress and done additional spraying but are still finding adult and baby bugs in the bed. As far as I can tell, the closest heat treating co. in either in Chartlotte, NC or Spartanburg, SC. Can anyone help??

Ray

2. Bed Bug Epidemic

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 17 2010 21:20:58
    #

Login to Send PM

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/thermal-providers

No, i don't have an specific info on that area but i have this link.

3. buggedout16

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 17 2010 21:34:17
    #

Login to Send PM

What part of E TN are you in? You're the first other person on here that I've found from our state, I'm sorry you're here!

On the website http://www.bedbugresource.com, there is a spot where you can look for PCOs they approve/see as knowledgeable about bedbugs in your area. There are a few in Tennessee they recommend, and some of those are in the eastern part of the state, so hopefully one is somewhat close to you!

I looked for thermal when I had my BBs, but I don't think that it is available yet in our state. There are also not any reliable BB sniffing dogs in our state yet. It is a slowly growing but definite problem here, especially in tourist towns, and you know that while I LOVE living in Tennessee, we are sometimes slow to admit when a problem like this is here.

How are your treatments being done, what are they using? Also, it is not uncommon to continue to see bugs as soon as you are after treatment. Usually chemical treatments are done 14 days apart, to catch the eggs when they hatch, since there are currently NO pesticides that will kill all the eggs. Don't hesitate to ask your PCO any questions you have. Try not to let them intimidate you (that may not be an issue for you, but it was for me with my "good ol' boy" PCO, I'm sure you know what I mean.)

I'm sorry that I've rambled so much. Please don't hesitate to PM me with anything specific about TN, or to post back here with any questions you have; there are many VERY knowledgeable people who read and post here. Read through this site. It will help. And believe me it does get better.

4. mfsray01

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 20 2010 15:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I am west of Knoxville and I hired a co. called Enviro Pest Control out of Sevierville, TN with a guarnateed treatment for $450 with three followup treatments at $45/ea. Today we found bedbugs after they ahd completed treatment. They treated the entire house but concentrated on the master BR where the worst were. They only did a cursory treatment of the rest of the house. We declared the treatment successful whe a week after the last treatment we had no bugs in the MBR. My granddaughter came up this week and is eaten up with bites. We thought they were flea bites because she has a small pack of dogs at home. And then the wife found bed bugs on the couch brought out by the warm fall sun coming in the front window. Apparently with teh a/c off, they have reemerged. When I called Enviro and informed tghem, they said it would be an additional $450 "setup" fee!! A fantastic guarantee when the treatment lasted 6 weeks. I'm trying to file a complaint with teh BBB but their website is busy. Just beware of Enviro. I talked to a co. in Spartanburg and they will come jup and trat the entire house for $1200. That looks like the route I'll have to go.

5. Randall Booth

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 21:42:37
    #

Login to Send PM

There is a Company that has the best set up i have ever seen. We used them in Hattiesburg Mississippi.
    on a commercial building. about 4000 square feet. they took the place to 150 degrees in about 2 hours and held it there for 8 hours. The mans number 678-764-2429 ask for tre.

6. Randall Booth

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 21:43:32
    #

Login to Send PM

ops they are out of Atlanta. my bad

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Nov 16 2010 21:52:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I suggest the link Bed Bug Epidemic suggested.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/thermal-providers

There, I posted links to two of the largest heat treatment technology providers (ThermaPure and Temp-Air), and each provides a way of finding a local company.

(Incidentally, if other heat treatment technology providers have a similar landing page for finding a local provider, I am happy to add it to the list.)

If both types of firm are represented near you, I would call BOTH and ask about treatment, their experience, pricing, etc.

Then you might discuss with people here whether they prefer one or the other (an old chestnut of a forum discussion if ever there was one). However, why not see what your options are first?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Freakedout101

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Nov 19 2017 21:46:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I am also in East TN and was wondering the same thing.. A PCO a few weeks ago quoted me $1400 to do a full hear treatment and my landlord refused to pay for it and we are a single income family with a toddler and cannot afford it after spending $400+ ourselves on sprays and DE.

9. Livingagain

Posted 11 months ago
    Mon Nov 20 2017 2:19:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Check the laws in your area, it's possible he does have to pay. But if you have to do it yourself Cimexa works much better than DE and is also cheap.

10. Freakedout101

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Mon Nov 20 2017 10:27:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your reply Livingagain. I didn't realize this post was 7 years old until I had already responded.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,592 posts in 46,609 topics over 142 months by 20,558 of 21,426 members. Latest: Takeabreath415, wierzbol, Helpwithdabuggaz2