Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

heat treating bagless vacuum filter

(4 posts)
  1. bbmd

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 15:04:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Ive completed my second treatment (steam/pesticide) I want to clean my bagless vacuum filter to ensure no bugs have infested it. Its a bissell bagless. I have Zappbug and was thinking of putting the filter in it. Has anyone tried this cleaning vacuum filter in zappbug or packtite? The plastic seems pretty sturdy so I doubt it would melt.......I dont see any downsides to trying it

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 6 2017 18:21:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Never felt the need to, its logical once you understand the principles of the cyclones they use in bag-less cleaners. Nothing that could spread bed bugs is lift enough to get to the filter.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 7 2017 8:15:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a carpet cleaner that was in an exposed apartment so I ran it through my heat treatment box with no issues. Base temp on the unit is set for 156 degrees, no plastic melts.

4. bbmd

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 8 2017 8:05:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks- I have completed my steam/pesticide treatment and was planning on just sticking the whole bagless canister/filter thing from my vacuum directly into my Zappbugg

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie