(26 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 11:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 1 hour ago  » 
    And, perhaps since just yesterday morning found me helping to move my Dad's body into the funeral home's vehicle, having participated in the prayer circle or people with the minister, my siblings, neighbors and my mom trying desperately to hold back tears, I'm making these comments.
    I'm bitter right now, and it is what it is.
    pb

Mr. Bello, I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You and your family are in my prayers. Thank you, again, for all the people you help on the forum. God Bless!

2. Blackheart

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 12:55:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear this Paul, may your Memories of your Father give you comfort.

Sam

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 15:32:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Paul,
    I am sorry for your loss.
    Your family are in my prayers.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. djames1921

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 15:43:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,

I echo the other sentiments here, sorry for your loss, hang in there.

David James

5. TXbedbugger

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 15:51:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Very sorry for your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family.

6. paranoid BB freak

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 21:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul, so sorry for the loss of your Dad. Heartfelt condolences and prayers for your family.

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 21:23:18
    #

Login to Send PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Taot

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. HaveSlappedAtMyFreckles

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 21:47:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

9. bedbugsuptown

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 21:51:35
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry for your troubles Paul. Your Dad is surely in paradise. I say this because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; your posts always show care and kindness. Prayers for the family and your beloved Dad.

10. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Nov 14 2012 23:11:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I am humbled by your kind comments which are greatly appreciated, thanks very, very much ! paul b.

11. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 0:22:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Paul,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My Prayers are with you and your family.

12. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 9:28:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Condolences to you and your family and friends.

13. stopbugginme

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 10:48:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, you & your family will be in my prayers.

14. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 12:37:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Folks,

I'm sharing my FB post with you all:

On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at about 4:00 AM my Dad, Nicholas M. Bello, left us behind. Bonr July 25, 1923 he was a man of 89 years. Having served in the US Air Corp he was a member of "the greatest generation". Like many others, he enlisted soon after Pearl Harbor and into the Army Air Corp where he served as a radio man and 50 cal. gunner aboard the B - 17 Flying Fortress. He received his Honrobale Discharge in December 1945, months after V - J day, and left trhe Air Corp as a sargent. Soon after he an Mom, Phyllis A. Baretti, were married. House hunting found them in their first home on Bee bee Avenue in Hempstead, NY (in close proximity to KQ) with daughter Pamela (Lawler, Smithtown, NY) arriving later that year. Dad was employed as field engineer for NY Telephone. Two years later son Mark (Ft Myers, FL) arrived and four years more saw the addition of yours truly (Paul, Alpharetta, GA). 2nd daughter Tina (Cutchouge, NY) arrived two years later and Dad, having now now working with GE as an electronic engineer moved the family to Lynchburg, VA where the family stayed for about three years. 3rd son Todd (Stony Brook, NY) was born that January that the family moved bay to Long Island settling in Hauppauge, NY. Dad worked for Motorola for years prior to purchasing his first gas station (Shell) at the urging of his brothers Dominic & Tony who had found success with stations of their own. At one point Dad operated three Mobil & one Shell but eventually settled into the one Mobil station in Carle Place, NY. The hours were long but it was good, honest work and Dad carved out a decent living to support his family of we five kids. he eventually sold and retired with mom purchasing a modest home in the quite countryside of Honesdale, PA. They enjoyed the rolling hills and dairy farm country setting but eventually found the deep snows and extreme winter temperatures less attractive than what sunny Florida had to offer. About ten years ago they moved to Spruce Creek Preserve, a gated golf course community near Ocala, FL which turned out to be a great decision for them both. A senior community that offered muc in the way of activities and social interaction, Dad and Mom soon made fast friends and became entrenched in daly activities there. It was somewhat perplexing to call our retired parents only to be told they were too busy to chat and "gotta go" because it was bowling, bingo, poker, billiards, or whaever time! However, at second glance, we knew they were doing well. While not all of us could make each Holiday with them, we, Paul & Mark, were lucky enough to be within a car ride for Holidays and spent nearly every Palm SUnday and Thanksgiving these past ten years with Dad and Mom in Ocala. I'll never forget the day when Dad received a phon call from one of his siblings in California. We were working at the gas station that day. it was one of his siblings but I don't remember who. Dad was dumbstruck as the call progressed and the voice from CA informed him of the passing of Dominic Bello, my grandfather who lived in Azusa, CA and was a first generation Italian immigrant who served in the US Infantry during WW I (you know, the great war that was supposed to end all wars). Dad was visibly shaken and cried. As I'd never seen Dad in this way before, i didn't know what to say or do myself as I watched him sink into his desk chair, phone in hand unable to speak. And now, I suppose it's my turn at being in this position. I can tell you that nothing in this world can properly prepare you for this tuen of events. Next week we will be with Mom in ocala for Thanksgiving. It will not be the same, we will miss him. I will miss him, I will miss him very, very much. And I hop that he knows that we are appreciative of all that he has done for us. I hope that somehow he learned that I love and respect him more than I was able to communicate and more than he may have known. And hope that somehow, he will look down on me and be proud. God bless you Dad, we alll love you very much ! With all my heart, your son Paul B. 11 - 14 - 12.

Thanks to everyone on this Forum who have been so kind to me during this worst of times ! pb

15. Bughatin

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 14:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Bello. You have helped so many of us here with your sound advice and sense of humor (whether you know us or not). My sympathies to you and your family.

16. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 15:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Rest in Peace Nicholas M. Bello. Your work here is done. Watch over your family and keep them safe. Very touching post Paul Bello.

17. kinihatesbedbugs

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 20:47:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Paul. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

18. nikki

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Nov 15 2012 22:53:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I echo the thoughts and sentiments of everyone here, I am truly very sorry for your loss.

- Nikki

19. evervigilant

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 1:36:29
    #

Login to Send PM

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your father, Mr. Bello. You and your family are in my prayers.

20. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 8:11:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear bughatin, nikki, abs, nobugs, kq, dc, cilecto, evervig, kini, stopbug, winston, bbuptown, paranoid, blackheart, slappedfrecks, taot, txbbggr, djames & others (hope I didn't miss anyone),

Thanks for your kind words and support !

I don't know how long it will take, if ever, to be back to my old self or simply learn how to deal with this on a moment to moment/daily basis.

I can tell you that dealing with the various "arrangements" & "outside entities" that necessarily surround these life events served to distract me for chunks of time whilst there.

Mostly, I'm concerned for my Mom. She's 87 now and they were married for 65 + years. This morning my sisters, Tina & Pam, and Mary Ann left for the airport at about 7 AM to catch their flights home.

Imagine what it is like for Mom to be alone there in her home for the first time just three days later.

While I'm going through peaks & valleys, I'm younger, stronger and with my own family. Clearly, her peaks are likely not as high and her valleys are significantly deeper and broader. It's a huge concern and there's not much I can do from 400+ miles away.

Thanks again, hope you all have a great day ! paul b.

21. LVK9

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Nov 16 2012 9:15:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Paul,
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. My condolences to you and your family.

22. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Nov 17 2012 0:10:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks much LVK9 !

pb

23. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Nov 17 2012 21:52:47
    #

Login to Send PM

My condolences to you and your family.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  24. goingcrazybb

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Nov 17 2012 23:41:00
    #

Login to Send PM

R.I.P. Nicholas M. Bello
    Prayers of peace and healing for your family Paul.

25. mindoverbbs

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Nov 18 2012 22:41:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Paul,

I am deeply sorry for your loss. My sincere sympathy for you and your family.

I know you are grieving but hope you can take solace in knowing he lived a long, full life and is now at peace.

Hugs,

Mindover.

26. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 19 2012 20:44:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks very much goincrzy & mindovr !

Best wishes to all for a great Thanksgiving ! ! !

paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10