(5 posts)
  1. MommaMiles1981

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2015 8:26:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello Everyone,

I am not new to this forum. I've posted on here a few times. You can read my other posts, but to make a long story short, I have convinced myself that I have bedbugs. Basically, we went on vacation back in August and somehow, I convinced myself that we were going to pick up bedbugs at the hotels we stayed at on vacation. Naturally after that, I noticed every single bump and makr on my kids.

Here's what I've done so far.
    -Checked all beds and sofa multiple times with a flashlight. Tore black covering off of mattress and sofa to check for bugs and fecal spots. I've found no bugs and no skins.
    -Bought and used Bed Bug Blue on suspected fecal spots on my bed. All spots tested negative.
    -Bought and installed passive monitors on my bed and my daughters' beds. The monitors have been clean for 2 weeks.

I have been driving myself crazy with the "do we have them or don't we?" question since August. It is too late in the fall to be getting mosquito bites and yet my daughters are still getting "bite-like" marks on them. And for the first time ever since I started thinking we had them, I noticed I had red smallish bumps on my hand (which was exposed in bed) and my arm (which was covered).This has sent me in to a complete panic. Last week, my daughter had a huge welt on her lower back and Saturday my other daughter had bump on her leg which later turned into 2 tiny scratches. Each time I find a new mark on my kids, it totally freaks me out.

So now, a few questions:

I now know that bedbugs can and will go under clothes to bite. Do they prefer to bite exposed skin?

Do the passive monitors ever fail?

At the almost 4 month mark, wouldn't I be able to actually see the bugs or skins or fecal?

If an infestation was bad enough, would the bugs avoid the passive monitor?

How can I stop stressing so much?

If we had bedbugs for 4 months, wouldn't we be getting lots of bites by now instead of just the random one? Also, wouldn't they be biting me on the couch? Why would I just get "bites" in the bed?

I am driving myself crazy and wondering if we have bedbugs or if I have head bugs.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2015 8:40:20
    #

Login to Send PM

If it eats it shits. August, September, October, November... that's a lot of feeding to not see a single trace.

3. MommaMiles1981

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2015 8:56:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the passive monitor enough or do I need to continue to check the mattress and box spring on a weekly basis?

4. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2015 9:03:18
    #

Login to Send PM

A weekly mattress inspection should alleviate any stress.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  5. MommaMiles1981

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Nov 24 2015 13:11:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The passive monitors I've put in place are a little less sticky since I pulled them off the bed to check them more closely. Should they still be effective?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47