Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Having a tough day and need to rant

(5 posts)
  1. persephone86

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 8 2015 18:54:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I am struggling to keep it together today. Verge of tears. After going through this before, it's hard to face the idea again. So far, no signs other than the drowned dead guy on the back of my pedestal sink on Sunday. Who knows how long he was there behind the faucet or how he got there, but the fact he was in the bathroom makes me so nervous about silent neighbors with a growing, festering problem. I honestly hope it was a single bug who came in with me or a coworker who used my bathroom last week (he'd helped a daughter I found out later who had them in her apartment in the recent days). But I am not confident as he used was last Tuesday and I saw it on Sunday. You would think I would have seen it much sooner. He also practiced precautions with her as well. Or somehow from the vacant maintenance basement directly below my bathroom with windows that lie behind where they place the garbage on pick up day.

While I have my own monitors and building provided glue traps that are thus far clean and no bites yet, the fact that my building won't at least inspect other units yet until possibly after monitoring for a week and determining course of action (no one else has complained) is driving me nuts. I am not really on a first name basis to knock on doors. I work from home most days and I am scheduled for shoulder surgery next week and the fact I have to worry about bed rest when I need it the most is stressing me out to no end. Plus possible prep/spraying/boarding of cats needing to be done while I am one armed and in pain is causing panic. I hate this and am growing to hate my building and my home. Really, I'm just frustrated and needed to vent somewhere.

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 9 2015 6:28:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hang in there. Sending you huge hugs. What did the pros think about where you found it? Hoping like hell also it was a dying hitchhiker, and no others. It does sound possible.

Any chance you can stay with family after your surgery and bring your fur kids with you, for a little while?

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. persephone86

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 9 2015 10:13:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks a ton, Robinsmom. I can and have rationally talked a few friends through their scares/ordeals, given advice, etc. but when it's you personally all rationality tends to go out the window! I've been a blubbering idiot about this, but it's starting to sink in a bit.

As for a pro, the building didn't send one in. My specimen was identified for me by Lou here and then our building engineer. Though, he is a very good and competent guy in all other areas I have needed him. He took one look at my ziplocked bug and immediately left to get the traps and flashlight for further inspection. At the management office they stated that they are approved to exterminate their own buildings and only contract out if it's a huge job i.e a ton of units needing extermination. I just hate that they are making me play this waiting game. I just wish they would inspect around me. I would feel so much better to know either way.

As for my surgery, only family is my mom and I can stay with her for a couple of nights after, but no fur babies. She has 2 of her own. Adding my 3 is asking for chaos and bloodshed. I'll be in a sling and off work for at least 4 weeks, so I do have to recoup at home eventually.

Not that there is ever a good tome for this to happen, but this is truly one of the worst times for me to have to deal with this crap.

4. ozbugz

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 5:00:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh I so empathise with your plight. Can you get someone in once a day to feed your cats while you stay with your mum for a few days?
    Do let us know how it goes, I sincerely hope you are not reinfested and all goes well with your op.

5. persephone86

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Jul 10 2015 16:34:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Ozbugz. These f**kers sure wreak some kind of havoc, huh?

I am doing a bit better today. It's still hard given that they won't inspect other units. Though, I talked again with the building engineer when I ran into him today, who reassured me that there have been no complaints from my immediate neighbors at all and even stated that they complain all the time about every little thing, so he would expect them to definitely do so over this.

As of this afternoon, still no bites (I am a reactor) and nothing in any of the passive monitors. Glue traps are clean too (save a couple of fruit flies and some random kitty litter). I work from home and have only been hanging out in my office and bedroom when I sit down, so ample time to find me. ::knocks wood:: I am really hoping this was a random, tracked in thing (despite my Packtite ritual upon coming home) and this is the end of it. Still doing much of the laundry prep now so in case it crops up for real while I am one armed, I am closer to being ready for spraying.

As for my surgery, my mom will feed the kitties if I stay at my mom's. She's only 3 blocks away and can run in and do it. She is as well versed in the travel FAQs, so I am comfortable in her doing it.

I hope your ordeal/monitoring goes well too!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,194 posts in 50,136 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69