Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Have I had these vampires the longest?

(6 posts)
  1. BettyV4

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 22 2009 20:13:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I so feel like having to come back on this forum after being bug free for a couple of months means I'm living the worst nightmare of anyone. In toll, I'm getting close to two years with a 3 month repreive. I've done everything possible. The problem has been a house next store (adjoining) that hasn't treated (insane people). So no matter what I've done, or the money spent, they are back. Bottom line it's going on two years. Anyone come at least close? I bet not. Except, of course for the other adjoining house who has been treating alongside with me.

2. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 22 2009 21:02:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Three years and counting here. A few months off and then back on. I am in a coop that doesn't believe me or want to spend money on inspecting. Nothing like coming home from work to mountains of laundry and vacuuming. Wish I could be more encouraging.

3. meremortal

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 23 2009 10:14:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I am approaching 1 year and 3 months...not even close to you guys! We were starting to think the same thing ie. that we were among the first infestations. Have done everything humanly possible, made lots good decisions, lots of mistakes, spent lots of $$ and done lots of hard work but are still infested. Not sure if we should be called pioneers or guinea pigs, lol Just keep hoping that some sort of miracle will happen!

4. BBCOUKonTour

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Oct 23 2009 19:39:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Longest I have worked on was over 5 years worth of breeding in the source property. It had spread out to all the adjoining properties and was a major concern. In fact it took 3 days to prepare to location before we could start the active part of the treatment program.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

PS Stuck in Vegas till 11:40 pm at the airport due to a missed connection hence the new profile name and time to post a few nuggets. If anyone is in the area and feels like showing pity on me and joining me for an hour or so let me know.

5. BettyV4

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 24 2009 10:30:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a friend whpose mother grew up with bed bugs and they thought nothing of it. It was, in those days, like having roaches. I remember we had roaches periodically growing up, and although really gross and big we treated and they left. Big difference. I'm starting to believe that if this is the way it is for now, I need to accept it. Can't fight the war to the point where I'm sick. Where my blood pressure is rising, my already existing OCD is triggered. I have some hope my situation will change. You never know. At least I don't see great numbers of them - I'm not in any real danger, and, most important, I have a family I love. When I get all panicky, I'm irritable and don't care if they love me or not. That's not the way to live.

6. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Sat Oct 24 2009 12:39:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree that this is part of the problem,the social outlook on bed bugs. During the war my grandma said everyone in Europe had them and they would just clean like crazy and put soap chips around the legs of the bed. It is awful to have them, but I am also trying trying trying to keep things in perspective.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie