Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Has anyone with old wiring had any problems after a heat treatment?

(4 posts)
  1. futureBBmom

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Jun 27 2011 0:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm getting really super worried about my old wiring with this heat treatment.

I asked the guy about the effects on old wiring when he was here and he didn't think it'd be a problem with wiring. Well after reading some things on here tonight, I suppose I jumped into this too quick because I took his word for it. I was just so desperate to want to get rid of the bugs and get a good nights sleep for once.

I can't live with the bugs so if I don't do this I will probably move. (even though I can't afford that either). But man, is this heat treatment going to damage the wiring and end up starting a fire later on? I sure can't afford to have an electrician in to rewire after spending this much on the heat treatment too. Nor can I afford a fire. Doubt the house insurance would even cover fire since the cause would be damage from a heat treatment.

2. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2011 6:19:11
    #

Login to Send PM

1927 home here! I had heat treatment in one room and never experienced any electrical problems afterwards. I'd be more concerned about heat penetrating plaster walls.

3. futureBBmom

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2011 23:05:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no, I have to worry about the plaster too?! Oh man, if it's not one thing it's another. I just found out too that it might ruin the vinyl wallpaper that I just put up. If I didn't want these bugs gone so darn bad I wouldn't do heat. But I want them GONE forever!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jun 29 2011 2:05:13
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can say it's impossible.

It's also hard to generalize about heat or thermal structural treatment since there are several different methods and ways of heating. Some may be more likely to cause damage than others, but I am no expert on this and I doubt there are many who can speak to it in an informative and unbiased way.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,552 posts in 49,285 topics over 152 months by 21,598 of 22,023 members. Latest: TW20, MyAccountHere, eldina714