Has any spray worked for you?

(4 posts)
  1. Bedbugloco

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 4 2014 9:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm wondering for the affected people with this plague what sprays have been affective dealing with bed bugs? The market now have developed so much. I'm new to the forum and fighting to eradicate this bug out my parents bedroom. They haven't spread. We have an exterminator coming in few times but it seems they disappear for a month,they are resistant to pesticide and I know combination treatment is best dealing with it. However, our building only use pesticide? What I'm supposed to do. I'm to a breaking point, frustrated, anxious. I'm using my steamer too.... The only positive, I got 99 percent alcohol and I see how crazy they get when I spray... It seems the alcohol works better... Any suggestions.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Jan 4 2014 10:31:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I was going to mention steam and alcohol or dilute washing liquid as better contact killers than anything else on the market.

There is also DE which you will read about in the FAQ's.

I appreciate that you have been battling bedbugs for a while but to get the best results and the fastest resolution you should really start with reading the FAQ's and useful tools sections.

You already have most of the tools you need to tackle the job and now need to understand how best to approach it. Its likley to need a concerted building wide program to ensure its all tackled at the same time.

Increasingly more and more professionals are no longer relying upon chemical based approaches and most are getting better results by doing so.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Bedbugloco

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jan 5 2014 10:47:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the response. I'm concerned about this building. Mostly the population are the aged, and disable and some young people don't even care about it. My neighbor had bbs nearly there years ago but it was treated successfully and never got them again. However, I know some people in this building are battering with bed bugs. Our building response is sending someone to fulmigate, however we know this does not work. It's very sad that aged, the blind, and disable are left vulnerable in this society. My father can't even walk, my mother is old, they can't do prep, or fight against this. I'm going to write a letter to the councilman here, to the city, I want to do something!!!!!!!
    I called a professional and he came and did an evaluation yesterday. He said the apartment was clean and easy to treat, he took a look of my bed, it was clear, my bedroom too, we have a guest room which was clear too, I never found anything on the living room, however my parents bedroom is the problem. He took a look and told me is better to treat the entire appartment as bed bugs are the best hatcher, can travel far at night, and so on. He advices me to get rid off my parents wood bed(((why???) I know is big and has many places where they can hide. The mattress is ok. He will treat the entire appartment with steam. They will use a combination of chemicals like Gentrol, Phantom, and Tride for the walls. Is two treatments with 90 guarantee. And I can use more treatments if I want to. I hope this works because I think I might need mental help... I feel anxious, this has take so much from me. I'm in the middle of a test preparation and can't even concentrate. I'm supposed to move but I don't want until I leave everything clear for my parents. But after this I will fight back, I don't from where, but I will address people in this building and I will advocate in this community. This is horrible and the way buildings and some people treat this makes it impossible. Any suggestion on the treatment...?.

4. Bedbugloco

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Jan 5 2014 10:51:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, this is the only place I found some relief and support... And reading at others people stories too...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus