Hardwood floors-need post cleaning advice

(3 posts)
  1. freakout

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 16 2012 9:50:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I have both carpet and laminate wood floors. I was treated a few days ago. When can i clean/vaccuum and what can I clean the wood flors with that won't remove the residue? The PCO used a non-repellant residue. I think he used Tempric SC and Phantom.

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 16 2012 10:35:36
    #

Login to Send PM

The best advice will come directly from your PCO. There is no one universal, standard bed bug treatment, and only your PCO knows what he or she placed--and where and in what amounts--in your residence.

If you're a renter who cannot talk directly to the PCO (sometimes landlords keep PCO contacts close to the vest), contact your landlord for information.

The issue with cleaning post bed bugs, as I'm guessing you know, is that you don't want to remove the chemicals and or dusts that have been put down, thereby reducing your effectiveness. Not everyone puts the same things down in the same places. Giving us the specific chemicals is helpful, but it also doesn't tell us where those things were applied (and depending on your PCO, you may not know that). That's why asking the PCO directly is the best option for getting the most accurate answer.

3. DustinBBKiller

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Jan 16 2012 10:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Well it really all depends on what was actually treated. With those products listed above, you shouldn't have to worry about cleaning up product from normal vacuuming/cleaning. Those products are not approved for general "surface/space" applications. So the PCO should not be using those products in the middle of the rooms, unless used for crack/crevice along furniture.

Sweeping/vacuuming should not remove any dried, liquid residual products. Powders are obviously excluded.

My advice? Don't go balls to the walls cleaning until all treatments are done, and it is known and verified that all bugs are gone.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,240 posts in 50,145 topics over 155 months by 21,921 of 22,417 members. Latest: plsnopls, Ldrago, frustrated1970