Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Hanging clothes in plastic bags - what kind of bags?

(4 posts)
  1. allcreatures

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 21 2014 10:19:49
    #

Login to Send PM

How do you hang up clothes for outdoors in plastic so you don't transport BBs out of the house? Currently I'm just hanging up clothes outside of the known infested area, not sealing them in any way, but I'd rather be more cautious if I can.

The more details the better! What exact kind of plastic bag do you put them in, where did you get them from, etc.

Thanks

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Apr 21 2014 10:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

What do you mean by "clothes for outdoors"?
    Do you mean outerwear, like coats?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. allcreatures

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Apr 22 2014 2:30:47
    #

Login to Send PM

No, I just mean any clothes that I've worn outside and that I plan to wear again outside, that I want to keep clear of BBs so that I don't give them to other people.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Apr 22 2014 12:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

That is tricky. There aren't any ways to hang items which are sealed in an airtight manner, in my experience.

I didn't hang worn items but some clean ones. I tried hanging space bags, but they randomly come open. I also tried a hanging vinyl zipper bag from Container Store.

It was fully sealed except for the zipper closing. However, if you hung it in the area far from harborages (where you currently hang unprotected items) this would probably be an improvement over nothing.

The bag I used was something like this:
    http://m.containerstore.com/mt/www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/hangingBags?productId=10000081

Note, I did not buy it online but in the store so I could verify the top part with the hangers did not have gaps or holes.

Note also that sealing worn items in plastic can make them smell in ways they wouldn't if exposed to air.

I hope that helps!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,906 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186