Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

hanging clothes after residual poison? isolate the mattress?

(6 posts)
  1. sleclair

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 15 2009 2:15:30
    #

Login to Send PM

hello everyone!

The PCO came and sprayed loads of Prelude everywhere and said this will kill everything and that he has had tons of success in mtl with one time sprays. we got rid of every piece of furniture that was a source of the bugs, and made him inspect and spray all others just to be sure.

here are my two questions:

1) when can we start hanging clothes back up? how soon will we know if this one-time-spray really killed everything? if i dust my closet floor in DE and tape my (metal) hanger bar with double sided tape, can i start putting them up soon? All our clothes are washed and sealed, but it seems to me that if they were all out, all the bugs would come walk on the residual poison that is everywhere....

2) we are sleeping on an airmattress on the floor -- we didn't isolate it with plastic underneath yet, because we don't want to give the bbs a safe surface to walk on. would it make sense to not isolate our bed until after the residual poisons wear off?

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 15 2009 20:52:27
    #

Login to Send PM

These questions you should be asking your PCO. I'm not a fan of sleeping on the floor with an air mattress. But the spray and pray is a problem for me. You need to wait for some time before you will know if you are in the clear. But still I would ask the PCo who did the work. You don't want to work against him.

3. BugBoy911

Posted 10 years ago
    Sun Mar 15 2009 21:35:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Prelude eh!? Killa what is that anyway? Havn't heard of that one in NY. Even if you use a mix of every top residual chemical that you can mix in a B and G and spray the whole room to the point of dripping which is totally the wrong way to spray, I feel this will not work even as much as 10%. Spraying a room from head to toe without going threw all the crevices is like doing a termite job without stations and drilling. End result.. no result. Even if he sprayed the residual DDT around the entire room and all over the floors, the bedbugs will still be in the comfy home within your comfy room totally out of the way of this horrible technique. I can honestly say that I don't think I have used the B and G all that much lately doing bed bug work and have had wonderful results. Mabye a little around the walls about 10 from the floor, but as far as the whole room, floors, walls, ceilings, and what not I feel is totally unneccesary. In extreme cases of bedbugs that are relatively everywhere then mabye a good general application is necessary, but for a first or 2nd treatment, the time should be spend on "search and destroy," not the stevie wonder technique.

4. sleclair

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 16 2009 0:00:12
    #

Login to Send PM

hey guys!

so, he didn't spray "everywhere in my apartment", he sprayed the baseboards, furniture, floors and anywhere he thought looked like a potential home, after inspecting our entire home. sorry, i'm prone to hyperbole. i'll tone it down.

we left him a message, but at 3 in the morning last night when i posted, i was just impatient for answers.

5. sleclair

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 16 2009 0:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

also, what is "b and g"? i am (thankfully?) too new at this to know.

6. bedbugdude

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Mar 16 2009 15:30:06
    #

Login to Send PM

sleclair - 15 hours ago  » 
    also, what is "b and g"? i am (thankfully?) too new at this to know.

A 1 Gallon hand held pump spray tank. B&G is the company name who makes them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19