Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Hairline bites? Do bedbugs develop favorite feeding spots?

(4 posts)
  1. this2shallpass

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Aug 21 2015 15:53:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Disclaimer: Bedbugs were only found in son's room, not mine, and we are 2 months post-heat-treatment of all bedrooms.

My mattress and box spring are encased. My bed is on climbups. I wash my bedding weekly, and compulsively check it daily. No fecal stains, no visible bugs, no casings.

Why the hell do I keep getting itchy little red bumps on my forehead, mostly along my hairline?

Let's just indulge my crazy fears for a moment and hypothesize that there is/are one or two sneaky bugs in my damn bed, who manage to escape detection, but who come out to feed on me every few days. Just indulge me for a minute and answer this question: Would they always bite me in the same area? (In this case, my face?) For example, I know that when I get mosquito bites, they are most often on my ankles. Don't know why - maybe my ankles are tastier to mosquitoes than other areas. Could my face be tastier to bedbugs than my arms and legs? Or maybe it's just easier to get to, because it's not under a blanket, and of course its nearest where the carbon dioxide is coming out.

Anybody? Do bedbugs generally bite people in the same location repeatedly (I mean on different nights?) Does anyone think what's on my forehead could be bedbug bites, and if not, can you please reassure me that they're probably not?

2. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 20:16:52
    #

Login to Send PM

this2shallpass - 2 days ago  » 
    Disclaimer: Bedbugs were only found in son's room, not mine, and we are 2 months post-heat-treatment of all bedrooms.
    My mattress and box spring are encased. My bed is on climbups. I wash my bedding weekly, and compulsively check it daily. No fecal stains, no visible bugs, no casings.

All of the above points to it not being BB related in my non-professional opinion. Even if what you describe below are bites, you would see at least fecal stains if it were due to bed bugs.

this2shallpass - 2 days ago  » 
    Why the hell do I keep getting itchy little red bumps on my forehead, mostly along my hairline?

Keep in mind that itchy little red bumps could be almost anything. Could be another kind of insect bite, could be an allergic reaction, could be some other dermatological issue entirely.

If this is driving you crazy, one option is to see a dermatologist. If they suspect insect bites, then can do a skin scrape to confirm. But that will only determine whether its an insect bite, not whether it's bed bug related.

Again, my money is on "not BB-related" but I'm not an expert.

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  3. this2shallpass

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 20:59:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, I'm coming to the realization that this is some kind of allergic dermatitis. I'm not using any new products, but I think the hot weather might be making my skin more sensitive than usual, what with the open pores. That, and all the stress and worry (which is also slowly diminishing).

4. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 23 2015 22:24:10
    #

Login to Send PM

this2shallpass - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yeah, I'm coming to the realization that this is some kind of allergic dermatitis. I'm not using any new products, but I think the hot weather might be making my skin more sensitive than usual, what with the open pores. That, and all the stress and worry (which is also slowly diminishing).

Glad to hear your stress and worry is diminishing. Honestly, I think it's the mental part of having bed bugs that's the worst.

Hang in there!

Melanie

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47