Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Had First Treatment

(3 posts)
  1. kjdrga

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jul 3 2008 15:00:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my first treatment on Tuesday, here in the DC/VA region. The entire upstairs 3 bedrooms and bath were emptied and all that remained downstairs were the 2 couches and dining room table everything else was packed up and stored in cars and a rented cargo van...or the attic.

I received a call from my PCO that asked that I turn up my heat to as high as the system would go to bring the bugs out. A team of 7 came, they steamed the carpets upstairs, and then sprayed and dusted the baseboards, furniture, nooks and crannies with ECO IC2 and dichotomous dust (with certain pesticides removed). Sterifab was sprayed on mattress (already encased and staying that way) and crawl spaces and wood floors. They were done in about 2 hours and covered 1200 Sq ft two level townhouse which on the bottom level was a 98 degrees and the second floor was hotter!

I still see eggs on the headboard and asked if Sterifab kills eggs he said what will kill eggs is the IC2. I told him I've seen a couple a live and he said they will come out but there isn't a surface that doesn't have a residue on it at the moment.

They will be back in 14 days to retreat in the meantime I must vaccum, vaccum, vaccum.

For those that are curious I did have "ladybug" the dog come out on Monday but because of the DE dust that I put in my bedroom she was not allowed in there and we had been spraying a lot of alcohol upstairs which also threw her scent off, she did not however find any evidence of an infestation downstairs, but everything was treated as though it was.

The PCO is excited to report that his company has just purchased the equipment for thermal heat treatment, they will begin next week using the dog and heat to treat a large facility (I kindly offered my house if they needed to practice!).

Now I just need to work up the courage to sleep in my room - AMBIEN here I come!

2. belle72

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 4 2008 0:28:28
    #

Login to Send PM

May the force be with you...no kidding, this stuff is pure hell.

3. heartattackhelpme

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 4 2008 2:27:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a fairly new company treat my place with thermal as well as my boyfriends boat and it was a horrible experience that did not work and there was much damage.
    It did not work either and I do not have any faith in the thermal treatment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,355 posts in 50,178 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993