Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Had bb infested mattress in my home for 2yrs and didn't know it.

(2 posts)
  1. sguillen50

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 0:26:05
    #

Login to Send PM

So one night a few weeks ago my niece comes to me saying she found a bug on her. I look at it and knew, it was a bed bug. I told her and she denied it, it couldn't be a bed bug. I went to look at her mattress and it hit me. This mattress had belonged to my father, who had bed bugs. We argued back and forth about where she got it, and finally my younger brother said he had given it to her. WTH? I was pissed, but also why hadn't we seen anything before? The mattress had been in our house for about 2yrs at that point and we hadn't seen a bed bug before. There is no way they didn't spread to other rooms, although I haven't seen any sign of them anywhere but her room. So we threw out the mattress, obviously, and started bagging up her stuff. Threw whatever we could in the dryer while the rest was put into sealed bags and left outside for a few days, until it rained. It had been a month and nothing until tonight. She said she saw a bed bug on her blanket. I guess we have to tell the property management to send someone, but honestly there is no way we can afford any expensive treatments. Anything we can do in the time being? How do we find where they are at? They're obviously hiding somewhere.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri Apr 6 2018 11:22:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Post an image of the insect so it can be properly IDed, your timeline seems suspect.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,943 posts in 45,404 topics over 138 months by 19,949 of 20,709 members. Latest: trailblazer, Bostonbugs1994, jtihonly