Had a treatment done for a beginning of an infestation

(5 posts)
  1. tinfoilfronts

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jan 2 2019 1:24:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a treatment done with Temprid done on Dec 21st for what the exterminator called the beginning of an infestation. both our bedrooms were treated and Ive been sleeping in my roommates room since I got home from christmas a few days ago. I was JUST told that I need to be sleeping in the room where the bugs were found. I found poop on my wall today - is this normal after a treatment? Help, this is so stressful

I'm also worried about Temprids toxicity on my cats and myself. My life has turned upside down since this happened, its so stressful. Any input will help.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jan 2 2019 10:49:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Although it can be intimidating to return to your bed when you know that bed bugs are in that area, that's the best way to make your treatment successful. The only way that residual sprays like that work is if you can get the bugs to walk across them. You can entice them into walking across your walls and mattress where they treated by being in your bed. They will sense your heat and your breath and want to come and have a snack. Take solace in knowing that if you do get bit during this process after treatments, it will most likely be their last meal because they will have walked across the spray to get to you. After a few days of this, you should notice the population dwindle down and there might even be a period of inactivity. However, there might be some eggs hatching and you might see younger bugs again. Then, a another treatment is needed to kill them off a few weeks after the first. You can expect to see some activity like new fecal stains, etc. during this process but after the 2nd treatment (and 3rd if necessary), that should stop too.

As long as they applied the temprid according to the manufacturers instructions and you gave it a few hours to dry before coming into contact with it, you and your pets should be fine.

You are getting treatment now and they considered it a new infestation so your success rate should be really high and not require that much time. Keep living life and keep yourself busy with the things you enjoy and before you know it, this chapter in your life will be over.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. tinfoilfronts

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jan 2 2019 14:33:49
    #

Login to Send PM

He said one treatment is more than enough - also if they cross the residual will they even survive to make it to feed on me? What can I buy so they cant make it up my bed?

4. SalsaVince

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jan 2 2019 15:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

He shouldn't have committed to just one treatment up front. Although it MIGHT be enough, you can't be sure until after several weeks and a follow up inspection. Is he not planning on coming back to inspect? Yes, unfortunately just walking across the residual is not going to instantly kill them. I can't tell you exactly how long for Temprid but I would guess several minutes to hours.

To keep bugs out of your bed, you could use interceptors on the legs if it has them. However, I wouldn't focus on "blocking" them too much. You want them to move as they naturally do and cross the spray and DIE. It's worth the bites knowing that their days are numbered.

5. tinfoilfronts

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Jan 2 2019 16:46:08
    #

Login to Send PM

my landlord lied to me and said he had the 2 other apartments in the building inspected but didn't. Should I be concerned? also he said one treatment should be fine as long as we follow instruction due to the fact its only the beginning stage.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19