Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Guess we need to start all over for a third set of treatments?

(9 posts)
  1. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 8:10:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I've posted on here many times. But let me do a brief explanation, we have gone through 2 sets of treatments already. 1st one was a fail because exterminators didn't take it seriously so we kept being bitten. Then after we found out we still had them, the manager of the exterminators began doing our treatments because of their mistakes the first time. He drilled in walls, sprayed everything, buuut neighbors aren't doing this to the extent that we are AND we got these Bed Bugs FROM A NEIGHBOR. I know this because when I asked the Exterminator he said to me "well they are being treated but not to the extent of your guys preparation" last spray around apt from him was Feb 22, he told us we could slowly start putting things back and that 30 days from then the Canines will come in to scope the place out. So we put everything back besides our clothes (they are still in bags) Now my question is, we just got a bed on March 5th and protected it with covers (other bed my boyfriend got rid of because he was pissed when he found out we still had them the second time) and the second night of sleeping, he woke up with one bite on his back. Then in the morning it was gone because he didn't scratch it. Now last night he woke up with another small Bite on his stomach and a really tiny one on his back and again they were gone by morning. Posting a photo of it, but if it doesn't come in 3s and it goes away by morning can we say it's a Bb? He was wearing a shirt to bed also, he's too freaked to sleep without a shirt on. Please help us figure this out its been 6 months and this is our first place together we are desperate at this point!):

2. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 8:14:25
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way, he said he instantly felt the itch when he got bit. We would both wake up and search the bed and even his shirt and we saw nothing. Is it a young BB? Posting a photo of it in a second

3. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 8:26:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Guess I can't post photos because I'm on my phone and this site won't let me. They look like small mosquito bites. But he is allergic to Mosquito bites so it wouldn't be gone by morning if it was that.

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 8:54:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but apparently not even a doctor or a dermatologist can diagnose a bed bedbug bite from inspecting a bite. Also I understand that the size of the bite has nothing to do with the age/development stage of a bedbug.
    I still have not found what is biting me and my bites vary from large itchy bites that itch for 2 weeks (especially on the torso and thighs) to what seems like small bites that vanish within a day (elbow and wrist). I suspect that it is the same insect biting me but my body reacts in different ways in different places.
    So far I have steamed my bedroom and put down DE. The bites are a lot less ie about one every 10 days but I need to have no bites

5. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 8:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Do you have a monitoring system in place? If you know they are coming from the adjacent unit you should be able to optimize your room for early detection.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  6. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 9:15:00
    #

Login to Send PM

No we don't have any monitor system. Apartment complex never did anything for us besides treatments

7. Zalemane

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 11:32:12
    #

Login to Send PM

The monitoring system should be inside your home.

8. thisisanightmare

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 13:35:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Where do I get a monitoring system? At a store that sells all the Bed Bug stuff? Or should I order one online?

9. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 15 2016 15:09:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Click on the useful tools link at the top of this website and look at the section which has monitors. I am not an expert but I would think some passive monitors against the party wall should be useful.
    You can also buy climb up interceptors to isolate your bed

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,442 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger