Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Gross (and probably stupid) question

(9 posts)
  1. Felix811

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 21:51:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Tonight, my crazy had me browsing the web about bedbugs, because I'm dumb and obviously haven't learned to come here for my information, and read a woman freaking out about possible bedbugs in her vagina. I laughed it off, but the nagging doubt had already settled in.

So, can bedbugs/will bedbugs seek out hiding inside the body- vagina, anus... Or even ears, nose, etc?

God, google really shouldn't allow me on it sometimes.

2. Bitten22

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 22:04:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know but you're freaking me out.

3. Felix811

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 22:25:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry. For what it's worth, I highly doubt it. Being they don't like heat and we are 98 degrees... Plus the human body is kind of a hostile environment... But stranger things have happened. Then again, if it was possible, I would think we would know about it... I hope.

Damn you interwebs!

4. skylarmarie

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 22:41:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I would guess that we move around too much for them to want to "nest" in our body.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Aug 16 2015 22:45:01
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't want a moving harborage.

They might "hitch a ride" in a pocket or trouser cuff, or in a bag, but they don't want to crawl into body orifices or live in or on people.

More likely, they will crawl on, bite the most obvious location, and walk away to hide somewhere cozy.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 17 2015 6:40:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The simple answer is No. Most of the mind wanderings occur because you don't know the insect. I think science fiction cinema is based on that, too (not familiar with reality). There are movies out there that if you knew something about the animal in question, the movie would have ended a few minutes after it began.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 17 2015 8:21:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I like Lou's explanation.

I've seen other experts say that if all of your bites are UNDER your clothes (with none on the hands, face, etc), it increases the likelihood that it might be something else. BBs aren't going to climb under clothes to feed if there is skin before that.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  8. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 17 2015 9:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Lou let you off easy and did not go into detail that while bed bugs will not seek out these dark moist locations, it is a choice location for various larvae and maggots for when forensic entomology steps in when life leaves the body behind .......film at eleven.

9. Felix811

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Aug 17 2015 10:26:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hahahah. Well, as long as I'm alive, it sounds like I'll be ok in that arena (please don't correct me on this one if I'm wrong haha)

Thanks to all who replied.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,802 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991