Great sight with good prices

(12 posts)
  1. Az Kev

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 15:00:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure if anyone else on here has used this site or not(I would have to think someone has) but the prices are so good, I thought I would share it : bedbugsupply.com

Not only are the prices good, they offer a number of extremely affordable solutions, like a steamer that is bed bug specific, for only $44.95 (bedbugsupply.com/Bed-Bug-Steamer-4040-PSI41_p_34.html) Which, as far as I have seen, is a GREAT price.

Also, they offer a lot of helpful information about bed bugs, and how exactly to use the products for the purposes intended. They have diagrams, pictures and tutorials about exactly how to use each kind of product, and even outline a comprehensive plan for getting rid of and preventing future infestations.

Excellent site - hope someone else finds it as helpful and welcome as I did : )

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 15:04:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Do ya think .....

3. Az Kev

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 15:14:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Do I think what Winston? That someone has else has used that site, or that someone else would find it helpful? In any case, that's all I'm trying to do - be helpful. If it is redundant, I apologize - but it is only in the spirit of trying to help. I am new to all this, so....

4. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 16:44:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the link. Really.

The little pic of "bed bug skin" doesn't show a BB castskin, but a german cockroach nymph one,
    I'm sure about it because the pic has been stolen from this one I made last year...
    Comparisons
    I saved the page, and I 'll talk about it with my legal (the original image is copyrighted).

Thanks again
    Dr. Franco Casini
    http://www.pest2000.it

5. SearchandDestroy

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 21:09:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Az Kev - it is the best site for supplies..you hit the jackpot! But that cheap for a steamer? I'm not sure it'll be that good...but who knows, see if there are reviews.

6. 123bugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 21:15:01
    #

Login to Send PM

This site tells you what specifications you need on the steamer ex how hot it has to get - I think under Steamer FAQ - and other things to consider like how much water it holds (affects how often have to stop and reheat), how long the cord is etc.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 21:47:05
    #

Login to Send PM

We do have a steamer FAQ.

The reason we don't recommend a steamer like the one you suggest is because (1) it is not a dry vapor steamer, and (2) if you look into the methods necessary for killing bed bugs with steam, you have to steam very, very slowly to actually kill bed bugs. Doing so with a steamer which holds so little water -- and what looks like a not very ergonomic design for the purpose -- may be difficult.

I have been approached by a company about advertising a steamer like this but I don't think it is designed for the purpose. Just slapping the name "bed bug" on something does not make it a great choice (hence the "bed bug fogger" you can buy at Home Depot).

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Az Kev

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 13 2010 23:57:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for clarifying that nobugs. I guess it was "wishful thinking" on my part, as I wondered about the wet steam being a realistic alternative, but was really hoping it might be, as spending $300+ on a dry vapor steamer is pretty unrealistic at this point - at least if I want to avoid complete financial turmoil for me and my family.

At this point, I am not sure what's worse - facing that, or the prospect of having to deal with these things until I can afford better measures. If anything, I feel bad for people who can't even afford the things I have been able to do so far - God bless and help them, and all of us really.

My brother said to me, when I described what is happening with us, "sounds like a nightmare." Fortunately, it hasn't gotten quite to that point. But if I have to keep shelling out tons of cash to take care of this and get a good night's sleep, it could very well turn into one.

In any case, thanks for all the info. The old saying is "knowledge is power." But this is one time where it seems the more knowledge I get, the more powerless I feel...

9. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 14 2010 0:09:13
    #

Login to Send PM

In one video he states that the hire the psi, the dryer the steam. I don't think this is true because you are forcing more pressure/flow over a defined treatment area and I think the opposite is going to happen actually. Don't be sold on PSI because you don't want to use high PSI when steaming to kill bugs anyway. Slow and steady wins the race and if you do it with the least amount of water output, the better.

When buying a machine you should consider the cost based on the features but also the attachments, quality or craftsmanship, and long term use if you decide to continue to use the machine for other tasks or ongoing bed bug prevention, example, steaming luggage after travel.

10. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 14 2010 0:10:20
    #

Login to Send PM

The steamer figures are nice. The prices don't wow me.

Jim

11. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 14 2010 7:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

EffeCi - 14 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for the link. Really.
    The little pic of "bed bug skin" doesn't show a BB castskin, but a german cockroach nymph one,
    I'm sure about it because the pic has been stolen from this one I made last year...
    Comparisons
    I saved the page, and I 'll talk about it with my legal (the original image is copyrighted).
    Thanks again
    Dr. Franco Casini
    http://www.pest2000.it

Well, the photographs are exactly the same. How dare they steal your photograph?? Don't people check where the photos they use on their websites come from? I'm glad you'll refer this to your legal department. Where would you sue? In Federal District court, probably, huh? Might not have to sue at all though if it's worked correctly....i bet your lawyers will start with a nice strong "cease and desist letter." I wonder if you have any actual damages you can prove because of this. And, on top of stealing the image, they're misrepresenting what it is an image of....disgraceful. Please Dr. Franco, keep us posted (or me at least) on the progress you have dealing with this issue. Very interesting from a legal standpoint.
    ciao!

12. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 14 2010 16:18:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Dr. Franco

Hey, don't event try to call me this way here...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,180 posts in 50,133 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92