Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Great

(6 posts)
  1. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 20:11:19
    #

Login to Send PM

So as I was sitting at a meeting with a leader here who wants me to help with the community education on bed bugs I think I was bitten! It didn't start itching until this morning. I was wearing high waisted pants to bed so no way my pants went that low for a bug to bite that spot. It would have went for my exposed legs or arms in that case. But at the meeting I was wearing denim shorts which ride a little low when I sit.
    I just hope I didnt bring anything home. To make things worse, without thinking I threw the shorts in the laundry pile not far from the bed. I've bagged those up for now and checked my mattress. Also threw those clothes in a hot wash just now.

Is it possible the one that bit me came home with me?

http://imgur.com/RjnylVa
    The picture is sideways but those bites are parallel to the floor

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 9:45:07
    #

Login to Send PM

There are more things that aren't bed bugs than are bed bugs.
    Images of bites can never be used to confirm a source. I think there's another cause, it sounds extremely unlikely that a bed bug would be present and choose to feed in that scenario.

3. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 12:52:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Our community is horribly infested. With 65 reported units (possibly more) reporting ongoing infestations for years! The place I was at is a common place but I sat on the least furnished chair. I hope its just a coincidence that I so happened to get a line of reactions. I know bites don't always line up or take patterns but what else would do that.....has me baffled. I still have passive monitors on my beds so we will see I guess.

Thanks BD 😊

4. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 13:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh no! I hope it's coincidence, and maybe another type of bite. Are you allergic to anything that could have been present on the fabric, and caused a reaction on your skin? (Perfumes, pets, anything)

And remember what we tell everyone else: try not to panic. You know all this, but I know (for me) it sometimes helps to hear it. (I'm a panicker)

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  5. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 19:37:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I can be level headed about 95% of the time. But when I don't get sleep (ADHD kid AND a baby) Mrs. Irrational takes over my brain. Haha. Well now that I got some rest I feel much more calm.

6. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 20:16:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Haha- at least yours comes in waves! At one point I had 3 kids under 2, and my crazy never went away after that!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,659 posts in 50,009 topics over 154 months by 21,868 of 22,349 members. Latest: fightingback, Jenloaa, pleasestop