Got the first treatment, now what.

(5 posts)
  1. Lara71

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Oct 29 2017 18:30:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Got my first fumigation on Wednesday. Exterminator removed the bed and bagged most of my possession with Nuvan strips. Follow up is this Friday. I assume that we haven't killed them all.

All of our clothes have been washed and/or dried (Hottest setting). We bagged and boxed every day clothes in another room and bagged the rest and put it in our non-insulated attic.

My husband and I are sleeping on air mattresses. New bed is coming in 2 weeks. Metal frame and mattress with a bed bug protector put in before delivery. We're not using sheets. Only blankets and pillows in bed bug protected pillow cases. We'll wish the blankets regularly. As before nothing in the room leaves and I'm leaving the stuff with nuvan strips bagged until the next visit. I'm ordering traps for the bed legs.

Is there anything else I need to do?

When would you suggest that we can start putting our clothes back in the closet? (We found bugs in our closet and under the bed.)

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Oct 29 2017 18:40:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs were only in closet and under the bed? Did you take any pictures of them?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Lara71

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Oct 29 2017 18:53:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't take pictures of the ones in the closet or under the bed. We captured one, bagged it, and sent a pic to the exterminator. He searched the top floor of the house and only found evidence of them under the bed and in the closet. We found a bunch living in a crack in the bed and killed them. We paid the exterminator to bag and remove the bed and the mattress.

I shared a pic here on only on of my previous posts.

4. Lara71

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Oct 29 2017 18:56:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Here you go.

https://ibb.co/fLWZO6

5. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 30 2017 21:21:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Lara71 - 1 day ago  » 
    When would you suggest that we can start putting our clothes back in the closet?

My opinion is it depends how inconvenient it is now.
    What did your PCO say?

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,684 posts in 49,527 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982