Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Good Guarantee Length For Heat Treatment?

(3 posts)
  1. bugfear

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 17 2012 15:22:32
    #

Login to Send PM

A week ago I killed a bed bug and that day was the first and only time I or anyone in my house experienced bites. Still, I rented a NightWatch which has attracted two nymphs, so it is time to treat.

I live in a small, freestanding house with two other people in my family. Heat treatment sounds like it has the best results, so that is what I have been looking into. One company set the estimate at about $1,800. However, they only have a 30 day guarantee. I'm having another company come to give an estimate tomorrow, and they are likely going to be about $500 more, but they have a 90 day guarantee.

I am wondering how worth it the extra 60 days would be? It seems like incredibly so if, for some reason, the initial treatment does not kill everything? (And as I don't know how we got them in the first place, there is reassurance in if we somehow bring them back, there will be time to actually notice and then treat.) What have your guys' experiences been with heat treatment? Does it usually work the first time? Or is that extra sixty days worth half a grand?

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 17 2012 19:40:37
    #

Login to Send PM

In either case, you want a reputable company that stands behind its work. They should be able to provide you referrals if need be.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

3. bedbughomework

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu May 17 2012 22:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

We were in a similar situation last month. We opted to go with the ninety day treatment and I am so glad that we did. Four days after our treatment I started getting bites and we found blood smears on the pillow cases and sheet. Our PCO came and chemically treated our bedroom. They came a second time and chemically treated it again. A K-9 team cleared the rest of the house including three other areas that were previously infested. They could not check the bedroom because of the chemicals. We will have them come back in thirty days.

It is unfortunate that this happened to us but I feel confident that our PCO will work with us until all the bugs are gone.

Now we are playing the waiting game. The climb ups that we placed under our bed legs are clear and the mattress and box spring are both covered with Protect a Bed covers. We have one of David Cain's passive monitors but need some advice on placement. We have a short trip planned and will run the beacon while we are away. Any bugs that survived must be in our wooden bed frame.

A ninety day guarantee allows time for chemical treatment with a thirty day K-9 followup.

Hopefully you will be in the 95% of successful heat treatments. Best of luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19