Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Good contact killer?

(6 posts)
  1. angie

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 15:17:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I have just now found several more nests and I have nothing except bleach in my house that would kill the eggs and babies and mommas. I can use the bleach but the smell makes me sick and I taste the stuff for days. Its also in a bedroom and I think the smell would be way too much. I have no alcohol only small amount of peroxide and I do not want the s**t getting stuck in my vacumm. Treatment comes Friday a.m. but I can't wait. Should I call the PCO and see if they can come out with some powder? Or is there something household that I may be able to use til then? Would the bleach be counter-productive for my sprays and powders going to be used on Friday?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 15:30:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Powder is not a contact killer.

I would suggest getting in touch with your PCO and explaining what you found and asking them how to deal with it. You should not need to tell them what to bring.

If this is a problem, ask the PCOs at thebedbugresource.com what they would use to remove them.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. stamps

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 15:42:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Angie --

Is there any way you can use a hot iron (to produce steam) to kill the eggs, then vacuum?

I usually bake my vacuum attachments after using them anyway . . . 150 degree oven for 30 mins. I've baked everything from my shoes to my college student teaching portfolio and nothing has caught fire yet

4. jennifer09

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 16:24:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Doesn't rubbing alcohol (which you buy at the drugstore) work?

5. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 16:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

If you have Murphy's Oil Soap, I would just spray liberally. Then clean them away.

Or heat some water. For safety, just make it very hot but safe enough to handle. You can use a pan. Add soap. If you don't have Murphy's, dishwashing soap may be good enough. Then, rags or a brush that you can throw away when done. Bedbugs can be cleaned away manually. It might be gross, but it will work. Make sure to dry the area well when you are done.

6. buggedmama

Posted 10 years ago
    Mon Jan 7 2008 17:59:36
    #

Login to Send PM

If you don't have a decent contact killer in the house, if I were in your position, I'd do whatever it takes to get one (i.e. pop out to the pharmacy for some rubbing alcohol) and douse those mofos before going anywhere near them with my hands and rags.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,443 posts in 46,329 topics over 141 months by 20,416 of 21,255 members. Latest: nu2bedbugs87, ndjur, Krazybugger