Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Success Stories

Gone at last I think

(13 posts)
  1. paulfoel

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 6:57:06
    #

Login to Send PM

After many months its been 3/4 weeks since we've seen any signs of. No live ones, nothing int he passive monitors.

It look a while. Lessons learnt that some PCOs are completely useless.

Many thanks to David Cain and others on this forum of course.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 10:01:39
    #

Login to Send PM

That's great Paul! You did well to keep a calm logical approach throughout it even though it was frustrating and confusing at times. Don't get disheartened if you have a mystery bite or two still. Sounds like you've won and learned some valuable lessons if you or anyone else you know has to face them down the road.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. paulfoel

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 10:03:22
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 46 seconds ago  » 
    That's great Paul! You did well to keep a calm logical approach throughout it even though it was frustrating and confusing at times. Don't get disheartened if you have a mystery bite or two still. Sounds like you've won and learned some valuable lessons if you or anyone else you know has to face them down the road.

Cheers - my dear wife wasn't very calm and logical!

Valuable lessons yeh. Will be careful with our cases coming back from holidays this year.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 11:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Pleased to hear and hopefully with a little more time she can start to see how empowering having dealt with the issue is.

Take care.

Davis Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  5. 13cookies

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 18:34:39
    #

Login to Send PM

paulfoel - 2 days ago  » 
    After many months its been 3/4 weeks since we've seen any signs of. No live ones, nothing int he passive monitors.

So I'm pretty new here and am not sure how to look up your previous post if you have..what has worked for you you think?

6. SalsaVince

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:33:50
    #

Login to Send PM

@cookies click on "Junior Member" below his name or "new bite" if it's a newer member, etc.

7. 13cookies

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Mar 6 2019 19:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince - 10 minutes ago  » 
    @cookies click on "Junior Member" below his name or "new bite" if it's a newer member, etc.

Thank you!!!

8. paulfoel

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 8:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

13cookies - 5 days ago  » 

paulfoel - 2 days ago  » 

So I'm pretty new here and am not sure how to look up your previous post if you have..what has worked for you you think?

I think a few professional treatments did most of the work. Just one treatment I think they missed parts.

Also, I got some DE (make sure you get the proper stuff) as a backup too.

9. paulfoel

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 8:58:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Not seen anything for weeks now. Nothing in the passive monitors (the proper ones from David Cains company).

Wife is still convinced shes getting bitten and has seen a "spot" on the sheet. Trouble is it could well be an old spot (they don't wash out too well I find).

I'm not convinced. Surely if theres been nothing in the traps for weeks then there is nothing or is it possible theres one or two left around?

How does the faecal test kit work? Will it detect only "new" deposits or pick up on old ones too?

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 9:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Fresh “red” spots or another colour, the devil is in the detail as you know.

Cross reference with the “blood spots on sheets primer” and post images if you need it confirmed. If they are not fresh faecal and skin reactions continue it may be time to have a chat with her via Skype or the phone to ensure she has nderstand the “feedback loop” she could have created.

The fact the Passive Monitor is clear pretty much means it’s not bedbugs but sometimes people get incorrectly stuck on symptoms and non-confirming signs.

To answer your question on Bed Bug Blue it will react to faecal stains of any age, I once tested some that were estimated to be 100+ years old. If you have a clip on microscope for your smartphone you may be able to capture images in enough resolution for me to age them but usually when I do that I have the significant advantage of being present so I can factor in all the environmental conditions and variables.

David

11. paulfoel

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 9:41:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Cheers David. That's very kind of you....

The spots are black and, to me, look a little faded. Definitely like the old spots in the primer page you directed me to. BUT dear wife swears blind the spot is new. I'll see if I can post an image later....

She has got bites but my money is on one of our cats fleas being to blame here! I've said many times to chuck them out of the bedroom....

Like I said, we've got 3 monitors in there including one of yours in the correct place as per instructions. Nothing at all for about a month now.

I buy your DE kit a few weeks ago. Put that down in our bedroom last night more in attempt to appease her to be honest!

Unfortunately, as I'm sure is quite common, shes taken the whole experience quite badly, and now appears to panic/worry about it all the time. She doesn't see able to see the facts but, again, as I'm sure lots do, put 2 and 2 together and come up with 99!

12. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 9:49:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

They can’t be both new and black unless they are coming from her mascara.

Ask her to post pics of what she thinks is new and we will just have to work on educating her on the subtle details of faecal traces and break that incorrect behavioural pattern.

David

13. paulfoel

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 9:58:55
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    They can’t be both new and black unless they are coming from her mascara.
    Ask her to post pics of what she thinks is new and we will just have to work on educating her on the subtle details of faecal traces and break that incorrect behavioural pattern.
    David

ha ha. Good point......

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017