Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Going to purposely get bit by a bed bug.

(5 posts)
  1. HelpBB

Posted 10 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 10:38:32
    #

Login to Send PM

So I am going to do an experiment on myself. I am going someplace that has bed bugs and see what reaction I have compared to what I have been getting. Thing is I am on prescription strength allergy drugs. I am going to keep taking meds as directed and see what happens. Then I am going to stop the meds and a few weeks later see what the reaction is. Wish I knew how my kids reacted to bed bug bites but I that would be wrong if not illegal to do that to them and I certainly do not want to traumatize them under no circumstance.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 11:13:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Bite reactions can vary, even on your own body. Other factors can be stress, temperature and even air quality. Having not found a live bed bug in your residence for quite some time now it might not be a wise idea to go exposing yourself intentionally, especially with your tendency to suspect bed bugs even when they have not been found.

3. HelpBB

Posted 10 months ago
    Sun Oct 28 2018 20:25:25
    #

Login to Send PM

So my husband and I got bit on our arms and back. I was told by several exterminators that they would go for exposed skin and rarely go under clothes. Side Note: We have seen live and dead bed bugs just not a lot. My husband has never shown bites. I have never got bites on my arm like the one on my back. Bites were mostly on my back and sometimes chest and stomach.

Results: Husband has NOT reacted yet. My arm shows no reaction and my back shows a reaction just like the red spots on my back. None of them have never itched including the bed bug bite that I had done on my back. They don't hurt either. I reacted in about 12 hrs. I am now going to see how long this reaction lasts compared to the other red spots on my back. The other red spots on my back lasts a very very long time then leave a purple spot that seems to never go away.

I was hoping that my husband reacted really badly and I did not react at all but that was not the case at all.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 months ago
    Sun Oct 28 2018 22:16:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It’s been done before— see the series beginning with this post: https://bedbugger.com/2007/04/18/bitten-by-bed-bugs-1/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 10 months ago
    Mon Oct 29 2018 7:50:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Logic has no place in this dojo.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982