Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

going to friends houses? girlfriends? significant others?

(6 posts)
  1. ineedhelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 12:30:56
    #

Login to Send PM

For those who have or had BB's did you still goto friends places or more importantly your significant others place during that time? My gf lives with her mother presently, but she wont let me over for fear of getting this. I understand this fear i wouldnt wish it on no one, but at the same time i feel isolated.

I would clean clothes in washer and dryer change into them and leave the house quickly, get to hers, strip down, put my clothes again in washer dryer at hers and take a shower. Shouldnt that be enough or is it still not safe, and best to stay away from her place. (hoping she never brought any home last few months with her after staying here). I feel like shes being too paranoid, basically she got mad. So please inform if its best to stay away or not if shes overreacting?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 13:35:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Drop me a text message and we can have a chat.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. so unsettling

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 15:34:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I visited 2 significant others regulary from Sept to early March. They were both terminally ill and died within 2 weeks of each other. I had to see them; nothing could have destroyed my life more than to be cut off from these most-loved of my loved ones. It was clear their time was running out. I simply showered, put on sterile clothes and shoes and left. It has never seemed necessary to me to dawn new clothing upon arrival. If our sterlization techniques don't work upon leaving the house, then they don't work. But I usually walked as they both lived nearby. I suppose if I had to go in my car, it might have been different, but i don't really know.

Nothing ever spread to their homes. I visited a few others, but less frequently. No one has set foot in my own home since last August; that's the one thing I can't allow.

4. ineedhelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 15:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

so unsettling - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I visited 2 significant others regulary from Sept to early March. They were both terminally ill and died within 2 weeks of each other. I had to see them; nothing could have destroyed my life more than to be cut off from these most-loved of my loved ones. It was clear their time was running out. I simply showered, put on sterile clothes and shoes and left. It has never seemed necessary to me to dawn new clothing upon arrival. If our sterlization techniques don't work upon leaving the house, then they don't work. But I usually walked as they both lived nearby. I suppose if I had to go in my car, it might have been different, but i don't really know.
    Nothing ever spread to their homes. I visited a few others, but less frequently. No one has set foot in my own home since last August; that's the one thing I can't allow.

Thank you for sharing, and i incredibly sad to hear about both of them, i am so sorry for your loses :(that really makes bed bugs look like a bruise on your leg.

5. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 16:48:09
    #

Login to Send PM

INH. It sounds like you're following a protocol similar to that in our travel FAQ and that's good. Still, it's possible the GF (or her mom) is barring you out of fear, mistrust or some personal factor.

If she won't budge, I'd try and get past her, never ever give her the time of day and find ways to treat yourself special even as you deal with BB.

And I think a thread on how to date is definitely in order.

(and whatever David Cain told you in private message.)

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  6. ineedhelp

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Apr 5 2011 17:31:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks yeah she is afraid, very afraid of getting this at her house. I do understand this, however, id think she would be safe being taking extra measures. She is freaked out, this situation does that, i know it for sure.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus