Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Going on 3 week trip. How do I stop bugs from spreading into rest of apt?

(5 posts)
  1. Brian T

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 12:34:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I'm not positive I have bed bugs - it's been 2 months since I got those tell-tale bites and since then I've gotten random smaller/weaker bites that may have been from another source. I did see what I think was a fed nymph (translucent "spider" with a red spot ). Roommates haven't experienced anything, so it's probably confined to my room.

I'm leaving my apt for 3 weeks to go home for xmas, but my roommates are staying. Since I won't be there as bait, what can I do to prevent the possible bugs from spreading to the rest of the apt?

Should I get an active monitor?

2. sooverit

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 12:55:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I would say if you are going to be out for a few weeks getting an active Co2 monitor would be a good choice...but they only produce Co2 for 5-7 days so you would need to replenish the supply for it to keep producing the gas.

That way, while you're gone, the monitor will attract the bugs and possibly capture many of them.

Not sure this is the best approach, but it is said that active monitors are best used in unoccupied spaces.

3. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 13:01:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I would get an active monitor (BB Beacon), and train your roommates to replace the mix every 6 days or so. It's good for roommates and you as it may definitely answer the question of whether or not there are bugs.

(Funny BB Beacon story... I am currently using it at work.. somehow, a sesame seed got into the oil well.... wtf)

4. sooverit

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 14:02:00
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes - 1 hour ago  » 
    I would get an active monitor (BB Beacon), and train your roommates to replace the mix every 6 days or so. It's good for roommates and you as it may definitely answer the question of whether or not there are bugs.
    [b](Funny BB Beacon story... I am currently using it at work.. somehow, a sesame seed got into the oil well.... wtf)

how odd!

5. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Nov 10 2011 14:20:56
    #

Login to Send PM

OhNoes, I have a sesame seed infestation at my place of work too. I'm glad they aren't red.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago