GOING CRAZY. PLEASE HELP

(9 posts)
  1. DIEBUGSCUM

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 19 2015 16:32:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Everyone on this site has totally helped me. For the last 3 weeks I have been going crazy. My partner has had enough from me and my craziness. About a month ago I went to the doctor for a "rash" and it was infected from my scratching. I took antibiotics until it got worse and he said I had a staff infection.. He promised it would get better and advised I see a dermatologist. The dermo told me they were in fact bites of some sort I went nuts. I blamed the puppy and my adult dog and washed everything I owed and gave them flea bath and frontline. Still panicked (not even seeing or knowing it was bed bugs I called orkin. When the guy came here he found 1. A big one. And ordered for me to get sprayed. I stayed up ALL NIGHT packing my life up and getting ready for the spray. The prep took everything out of me. I just moved here a month or so ago.. And I live on the 5th floor of a walk up in Brooklyn. Killer. I just got sprayed 2 days ago (sat.) During my clean up (trying to organize my life) I found 2 dead ones. Smaller than the one Orkin found. I am just losing my mind. I don't want to deal with this anymore. I won't tell anyone because my family is seriously freaked by it. My sister told me that if she ever got bed bugs she would burn her house down and start over. I am losing my mind. I keep thinking I am itchy and they are still here. My partner thinks I am crazy and has banned me from researching anything. Orkin said that it can't be bad considering there was no evidence when he came besides the one he found. I don't believe him (after finding 2 dead ones). They are coming again in 6 days to spray again and then again in 20 days, but I am just losing my mind and I can't get it together. This has taken over my life. I don't want to deal with this. I don't want to feel this way, but I can't think about anything else. I can't sleep- obviously who can when they know bugs are crawling on them at night. If anyone has any advice or anything it would be a great help.

Thanks

2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 19 2015 21:37:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, the thing about the bed bug madness is how they seemingly wrest control over your life. I've had the bed bug crazies and my heart goes out for you.

What helped me was getting monitors, and realizing--as you MUST--that I had done all I could. I couldn't control Anything but that.

You did everything right, and what you need to do is get some sleep. Bb are a pain in the ass, as they were for our great-great grandparents, who all had them and still lived in "the good old days".

Practicality wise, I made my bathroom my "clean place", thus is where is store (still do) my XL bags with clean clothes. I keep a bottle of alcohol there and early in I would wipe my floor down with it nearly every day. I niw keep my shoes and coat safe in either Ziploc bags ir outside in the hall (might not be practical for you). I got swiffer wet pads and put murphys oil soap to clean my kitchen n bathroom floors. I learned and apply dust--furst diatomaceous earth, now Cimexa. I have gotten very good at vaccuuming thoroughly lol. I learned to not be intimidated by my furniture--I flip my sofa several times a week and ripped the useless dust cover off.

I learned my fear of the dumb bugs was worse than the bugs deserved. They bite, but it's FLEAS that are dangerous!! Bb don't carry disease. But what a pain they are.

They can be dealt with. But you have to take a deep breath. Does your landlord know? What about neighbors? If you rent , they must give you a habitable place to live.

You're not going to go crazy. You are going to try and get some sleep. The treatment is working....have you encased your box spring? Did the pco treat your furniture?

It's normal to be freaked out. You WILL be ok, it may take a little while, but you will be ok.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. DIEBUGSCUM

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 19 2015 22:00:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for responding, yes my landlord know.. I pretty much told him that my treatment cost $700 for my 1 bedroom and that if he doesn't want to pay it, I will be deducting it from my rent and giving him a copy of receipt. He was more than willing to work with me. I am doing my best to not go crazy. I don't use a box spring, my bed is designed for the mattress to lay on the bed. I covered the mattress. They did spray everything.. I made sure. They are coming back on sat. To do the second spray. Thank god for all the information on this website it really has helped me. I have been taking Benadryl at night to help me sleep, but also to stop me from itching bites, but also non existent bites lol. Thank you for your response

4. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Jan 19 2015 23:12:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, your hard work has really paid off!! Sounds like things are going well. Good idea about the Benedryl--took me 2 months to get up the nerve to take it, but oh my, instant difference in the imaginary bite department! (So you see, you aren't alone in that feeling.)

5. DIEBUGSCUM

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 1:03:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, it means a lot. Living in New York City is a struggle with these nasty suckers. I am now scared that I am going to get them from someone on the subway, at the movies, even in resturants. But I have to keep reminding myself that I can't let them win. I am going to stay positive and remember that this isn't life threatening, and the stigma behind them sucks, and people obviously don't want them, but the reality is no matter who you are, how much money you make, or where you live..... You can get them! What is such a sham, and what I keep hearing is about people who can't afford treatment and then have to suffer. They can't afford to get sprayed right away or they are saving for it, but by that time the infestation has spread, and they could be carrying it with them- which makes it a problem for everyone! The cost of these treatments are really just crazy. I feel so much compassion for anyone that has had this living nightmare.

6. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 1:28:50
    #

Login to Send PM

What's a shame is how people will run and buy $100 worth of Raid but never think--they are too intimidated, I suppose--they never think about educating themselves on doing a DIY the proper way. It's no good to do it willy nilly, but I went online and bought the exact same stuff my pco used, plus cimex dust, a sprayer, a duster, etc....

My pco did not use Temprid according to label, I now realize. However it was necessary to have a pro at least at first. If only people knew more. Thank God for this site.

7. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 3:08:38
    #

Login to Send PM

What chemical out there are the top notch for treating them? My pco knocked them down good bit I fear they might be around still. He seems to think his standard sprays work but I needed a few more and my 90 days is creeping to an end. If I still have them, I could pay him again to treat my whole he again or get the top pro sprays and kill off what's left? Haven't had any bites in a little over two weeks. Just put up climb ups. I also use my bathroom and kitchen as my safe spot. I feel for you all. I have been struggling for 3 months with these. But I feel they are starting to die off. They're good hiders

robinsmom - 1 hour ago  » 
    What's a shame is how people will run and buy $100 worth of Raid but never think--they are too intimidated, I suppose--they never think about educating themselves on doing a DIY the proper way. It's no good to do it willy nilly, but I went online and bought the exact same stuff my pco used, plus cimex dust, a sprayer, a duster, etc....
    My pco did not use Temprid according to label, I now realize. However it was necessary to have a pro at least at first. If only people knew more. Thank God for this site.

8. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 3:11:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Also , I put all my clothing in bins and stuff I wouldn't wear or need in awhile, I did zip lock. I just went through and organized all my bins and there were no bugs. I think people freak too much over the clothing. Mines been safe in tupperwear.

9. DIEBUGSCUM

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jan 20 2015 21:45:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for all our posts. I am waiting for my second spray, which is coming up in a few days. I think I see a few new bits, but when I am home I am always itchy.. It's all in my head. I go crazy. But I think the spray really did work, and the next one will kill anything that does remain.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,645 posts in 50,006 topics over 154 months by 21,867 of 22,348 members. Latest: jaa5108, fightingback, Jenloaa