Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

GOING CRAZY! Do I, or Don't I Have Bed Bugs?

(8 posts)
  1. Corcollil3

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 0:47:30
    #

Login to Send PM

About 8 months ago I found out a woman I took care of had bed bugs. I no longer cared for her but she definitely had them while I was working. It sent me into this downward spiral of paranoia and inspecting everything constantly. Even with out having bites or finding signs I continued to make myself crazy. Well just two days ago I literally went to bed thinking that I was in the clear and the nightmare was over. Then the next day, clear as day there was a dead bed bug on the front seat passenger seat of my car! I went home and inspected everything again and still no signs of bed bugs. I am mentally exhausted and I can't do this for another eight months. If I have them why can't I find them? And why one in my car? The only thing I could think of is that maybe, just maybe it fell out of my bag from the thrift store the night before. I just don't know what to do now! Am I crazy ?

2. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 2:47:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I am so sorry for what you're going through. Do you have a picture of the bug so that one of the experts here can identify it?

3. HeavyMetalTeeShirt

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 10:56:58
    #

Login to Send PM

After 8 months they would be obvious, I think, especially if you were doing thorough inspections. The one in your car could be a hitchhiker. Keep monitoring, pay attention, and post a pic of the bug you found if you can.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 12:09:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Post an image of the bug you found. More times than not it ends up being something other than a bed bug.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. Crazy Katie

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 17:47:46
    #

Login to Send PM

So I'm crazy too! In Feb my landlord knowingly let someone w bb's come in and use his washer and dryer which are on the other side of my bedroom! After a couple weeks I started experiencing bites. So naturally I freaked out and did most things you ate not supposed to. I cleaned my entire apt from top to bottom w pinesol and bleach. Cleaned out all my closets, and got rid of alot of things. I saved every bug I found in the place. I started self treating because the landlord was put of town. We have had terminex here 3 times and orkin twice. I stopped treating for 3 weeks before our last inspection. None of the collected bugs were bb's. No blood smears or poop smears. No actual bb's found. However I thought I had infestation I. My car back in March. Found a bunch of brown little bugs all in my trunk and things in the trunk. Didn't think to collect.any at the time because I was so freaked out! Treated many times since. The. Problem is I'm still being g bitten on my arms and legs at night and am waking up w bb rash on my neck every couple days. I'm living in terrible fear of going anywhere and transferring them? I launder n bag all my clothes and alcohol myself w 91% every time I get out of my car! I have encasements on my bed and pillowcases. Should I get new pillows? Should I start to self treat again! Please Help 4 months living out of bags, and not letting anyone visit me! Ahhhh! Crazy!

6. Bugsareicky

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 18:06:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Katie If you had professionals out that many times and they found nothing, I think your home is safe. Bites can take hours or even days to show up for some people. It's possible you are being bit in your car and noticing bites the next morning. Of course it's also possible the car has another kind of bugs and your brain is just stuck on bedbugs. Have the car inspected. Put some climb ups on your bed legs just for the peace of mind. The rubbing alcohol can cause dry skin and rashes, so if a professional says your car is clear, stop using the rubbing alcohol. It may be half the problem.

7. Corcollil3

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 3:10:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I did take pictures and compared them to online pictures. I deleted them though because they were making me insane. But it definitely looked like a bed bug. Being so paranoid these last few months I have inspected everything from dust to carpet beetles. But this bug looked like a bed bug. I inspected my bed, pillows bedding. It's all white. I swiped down my floors and baseboard around and under my bed and closely inspected what I wiped up. Nothing. I did my couches and kids rooms. Plus with four people, wouldn't at least one of us be allergic!!! I was finally feeling at ease! I can't live like this!

8. Crazy Katie

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 11:50:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand that I may have phychos about them, but my arms which r under my pillows and my legs are still being bitten and burning in the morning. I was advised to bring in a dog. It is expensive and they don't treat, just detect. Pco' won't treat without finding bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,466 posts in 46,336 topics over 141 months by 20,421 of 21,261 members. Latest: rebecgood, chrissy8929, Chronic