Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Going crazy and marriage being affected due to bbs

(4 posts)
  1. Tucson74

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 25 2017 21:53:12
    #

Login to Send PM

We just had our first treatment a few days ago. All clothing is in bags and I am constantly doing laundry and all shoes go into the zappbug. We have two weeks until our Next appt. The PCO said it was a very light one with it mainly in our room and two in our daughters room dead on the floor. He seemed very confident that we will be all good after the 2nd treatment due to our prep and diligence.

But despite that, I am have just gone out of my mind. This is all I can think about. I itch all day long and I am treating my house like it's infected with Ebola. I can't be comfortable here anymore and I am tense, cranky and obsessed.

I had serious anxiety attavks as a kid, enough where I needed therapy. This has brought that all back. I freak out if anything is brought out from one of e treated rooms to the living room. I am snapping at anyone in the house. I freak out if things aren't done by the rules. My husband has worked hard to get everything bagged and cleaned but he isn't anxious about this other than to say, "yeah it sucks". I am sitting on the corner of my couch, afraid to move or touch anything. I will do another two loads of laundry after everyone has gone to bed because I can't just leave today's clothing in bags until the morning.

I plan on being in bags for as long as I can. I plan on using the Zapobug until I can no more. My husband is extremely annoyed with me and feels my obsession will affect our marriage. He doesn't understand my issues with anxiety and this has been an obvious issue for us.

Did anyone else have these kinds of issues with their spouses? And should I still be making everyone strip ever time they come into the house? How long do we live in the bags after the 2nd treatment? Maybe I should seek professional help.

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 26 2017 0:55:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I think there are a lot of us who have been or are in the same boat as you. It's a very tough situation. Just do the best you can. It's not going to hurt if today's laundry stays bagged 'til tomorrow. Get some rest and save your strength for the things that will make a difference.

Give yourself two months after the last treatment to look for bugs, shed skins, verified poop, and if nothing in two months, get out of the bags. It'll be a relief to have an end date and a goal for everyone to look forward to.

My husband and I almost divorced over this, but I have to tell you, years later I'm so glad we didn't, very happy I managed to keep it together; for me AND for my kids. I got counseling about this, but honestly if a friend had known what the issues were, talking to a friend would have helped just as much. You could pm me if you want. A psychiatrist put me on medication for a while, but after the time passed and I was out of bags, the need for that went away too.

I hope your PCO is using dust. If not, see if it's ok if you apply some Cimexa under mattress, around bed legs and furniture legs, etc. after his next treatment. That seems to make a difference for lots of people. Hopefully you really can kill them all with two treatments.

3. Poiqm

Account Closed

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 26 2017 1:20:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a spouse or children so no help there. But I did want to say... it gets better, the anxiety reduces, you can feel safe in your home again. Try not to make relationship decisions now or live in the moment because the moment that is now, is not how things will be 2 months from now. It will be better. And try and create a place where you feel safe from bbugs so you can relax and decompress when you're feeling anxious.

Account closed
  4. BBsufferer

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 28 2017 10:42:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I share the same situation with you, nobody can able to understand the extreme suffering of itch and bitch unless they have the same allergic reaction like us. Though we have just moved. Our relation is quite bad now as I still stress out cleaning and unpacking stuff. I still suffer from after bites symptom like rashes and bumps and need medication mostly. I know I will never be the same anymore. Hope you can sort it out everything solve soon. Take care

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus