Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Going Crazy!!!

(8 posts)
  1. Brij719

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 21:19:47
    #

Login to Send PM

So we had our heat treatment 2 weeks ago. All seemed to go well. I still am paranoid about garage/cars but told not to worry. I go on a date night with my husband tonight, get in the car and swear I saw a bed bug crawl across the outside of the windshield!!! Does this seem far fetched? I panicked and got my husband mad at me but the car was driving so the bug took off. Ugh someone talk me down.

2. Walt

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 21:48:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I doubt it. I am not a pro. But they won't survive long outside.

3. Brij719

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 21:53:31
    #

Login to Send PM

I know it seems crazy. I guess I am freaking that they are in my husbands soccer equipment or something. It is stored in the garage though and hasn't been in the house since the winter. We have a very old shed like garage so my PCO told me that they wouldn't need to treat it. He also said to not worry about the car. Should I stop worrying? I am just super worried about reinfesting the house!

4. Conwny

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 22:12:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so right there with you!! If it was outside, I'm sure you're fine. Our minds like to play tricks on us. When I was vacuuming out my car, I swear I vacuumed up a bug but obviously didn't get a good look before it was sucked up. I think we are looking so hard for them, we are "seeing" them. I will glance at my legs and have a mini heart attack because I see a beauty mark and swear it's a bug. It's like we have PTSD. I hope my life returns to normal soon and yours as well. Feel free to private message me.

5. Walt

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2016 22:52:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Brij- when my guy came, he said the same thing. He did a light dusting, said just vaccum the car if we were worried and make sure that we stay diligent and he most likely won't need to come back. They actually made us unbag a lot of stuff because if there were bugs in it, we would reinfest. I'm hoping I'm clear. But I wouldn't worry too much. There's so many variables that you're going to end up over the edge and while it is taxing on your emotional and mental state, there's a lot of ways to deal with it

6. Brij719

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 8:16:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Can an expert weigh in an help me out?

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jul 29 2016 23:34:06
    #

Login to Send PM

When you say the bug "took off" do you mean it flew? Bed bugs don't fly. Or jump.

There are lots of bugs which are mistaken for bed bugs. A bed bug isn't likely to be on the outside of a windshield. I wouldn't worry.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Brij719

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jul 30 2016 8:02:53
    #

Login to Send PM

It did not fly, it ran up and disappeared as we were driving. I'm hoping it was just something that looked like a BB and my mind was playing tricks on me. I thought it would be very odd for a BB to be on my outside windshield!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,004 posts in 49,869 topics over 154 months by 21,823 of 22,291 members. Latest: Lzrdeyes, bnorth, Nl9045