Giving up on PCO and tackling the rest myself

(2 posts)
  1. Bbplagued

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jun 14 2018 23:21:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Or, I should say the PCO has given up on us. Initially, he said that he would do three treatments. I did all the prep work, and he knocked off $100 because I left it all pretty clear for him. NO clutter left for him to deal with. The second treatment, he said should suffice. If we saw any activity to give him a call, but he should be done.

My husband called last week to tell him that I found a bug on my mother's comforter when I went to make her bed. I am not 100% certain that it was a bed bug. It moved so fast, and I lost it. and he said that he was surprised. Tomorrow will be 30 days since our second treatment. We have not heard back from this PCO. He told my husband that he was really busy and he will give him a call back when he could do it.

I have noticed on some pictures in the hallway some black specs, on the glass frame. He had not noticed anything on the pictures. I am wondering if perhaps they crawled through after the room was sprayed.

I have been sleeping on an $8 air mattress on the floor. (we went through two nice air mattresses that got holes in them. ) My plan is to prepare floor for carpet remnant, then get bed. The floor is linoleum. We had a piece of carpet taped over it, but pitched it when found bed bugs. I plan on ripping up the linoleum this time. And having carpet over the hardwood floor.

Anyhow, I can not afford to shell out any more money for PCO, and there are no guarantees. So, I am going to attempt to tackle this myself. I have some HOT SHOT bug dust with DE. Is that good enough, or should I buy Food grade DE? I will truly be doing this on my own, as my husband is not bothered by the BB. He believes that I am neurotic over these, and we are fine. I would be so happy if that were true.

I am still getting bit. I have been cleaning my floor with Mr. Clean, every few days. Changing the bedding every two days.

Should I use this Hot Shot BB dust, since I have it already?

2. thirdusername

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jun 15 2018 0:04:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I think there is a FAQ on self treatment.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,788 posts in 45,872 topics over 139 months by 20,200 of 21,005 members. Latest: Bed-Bug-Beyond, Greg7707, Krogerss