Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Getting Rid OF BBs with Toddlers in the House

(3 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Apr 6 2008 19:39:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All. We found out about a month ago that we have BBs, very mild case. I was the only one getting bitten and we had a dog come in to check he only found them in our bedroom, not the kids' room. We have had an exterminator come 2 times. The steam cleaned our bookshelves and bed frame as well as the kids bed and frame. They also sprayed the perimeter of the room and the night tables and wardrobe in our room. They even sprayed our molding! What else can we do. We have dried and bagged all clothing of ours and kids. Vacuumed and steam cleaned all rugs and couches, as well as wrapped mattresses. I still seem to be getting one or two bites. K9 Detectives will come back next week. Can we use DE? or other such things with Toddlers running around? Any family success stories (when you have young kids)? We try to control as best we can, but between our jobs and our kids this is just exhausting. Trying to not let it get to me too much and reminding myself to be thankful for our general health. Thanks for any input.

2. bugbasher

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2008 20:54:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchy,
    You can use de or dusts as they aren't accessible to your children if used correctly.There are for cracks and crevices only,so they can't get into it.The other use for them is in the walls via light switches and electric outlets and under carpeting,all places children can't get exposed.

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2008 21:05:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I will remind PCO about this, although he seems anti-dust. Should we switch PCOs? Is dust a must? (Didn't mean to rhyme:))

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,735 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah