Thu Apr 10 2014 16:06:24
    #

Login to Send PM

2. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 16:16:32
    #

Login to Send PM

O. M. G.!!!!!! That is CRAZY!!! Anybody care to wage a bet on how many posts with the words "straw" and "sugar water" are going to be seen on here in the next few months????

Hey, wait a minute, was a new "tool" just born????

I guess at the end of the day....... If you can't beat 'em, might as well smoke 'em......duh.

And, thank you, KillerQueen for the best laugh today!!

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 16:17:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

This is a hoax story that first surfaced yesterday and has some of the media in a flap.

Hopefully some of the attention can be refocused on accurate information to the public. I suspect a blog post about this will happen soon.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

4. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 16:27:38
    #

Login to Send PM

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/bedbugs.asp

Ok, yep, it is a hoax. But, I think we all know that this video will make it's way around Facebook and some poor soul is going to end up in the ER having to explain just why he is sick.

And.....some poor doctor is going to have to try and keep a straight face while trying to tend to his, shall we say....less than smart self.

Again, funny!!....But, please folks, let's not try this at home..... Or, the sugar water in the bottle to catch them!!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 17:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

At first glance it isn't that off. Of course, they'd be a little messy if they just ate and would be impossible to grind into a dry powder. They do have volatile organics that I happen to like; I hope I'm not addicted. Think about it - do you really want to inhale dry, hot, powdered blood with some insects added? No. That means you must only collect the starved ones to grind.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 17:19:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Careful Lou, with your stash lab you will soon be the new connection on the Island. I can just see you in a velvet frock coat and hat with an ostrich feature climbing out a stretched limo with a cow print interior.

There are just some days the amour of a jar full of the sweet sweet bugs can get to you. On the subject of which I would encourage our more strong stomached followers to investigate the film "Naked lunch" where Mr Boroughs past career as a pest controllers plays a strong influence on the subject matter in his surreal world. There are of course bonus points on offer if anyone can produce a picture of the T shirt inspired by said cult classic.

David

7. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 17:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 19 minutes ago  » 
    They do have volatile organics that I happen to like; I hope I'm not addicted.

LOL.....Lou!!! That is too funny!! I think you may have just tied KillerQueen for the best laugh of the day.

BTW, I love a good challenge.....especially one involving bonus points. So, I googled.... "Naked Lunch" t-shirt.

My first warning should have been when Bing asked me if I wanted to proceed since it contained adult content.

I figured, how bad could it be? Maybe some t-shirts with bad words on them? I can handle that.

OH, NO.......it WASN'T t-shirts. It didn't involve any clothing......at all.....on anyone!!!

Taking a break now.....I gotta go wash the burning sensation from my eyes. Google still isn't my friend.....sigh....lol.

Best of luck to the next person to accept the challenge.....and proceed with EXTREME caution!!!

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 18:01:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmmm, all of a sudden I have a hankering for sushi and usually I hate it.

David

9. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 19:41:09
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hmmmm, all of a sudden I have a hankering for sushi and usually I hate it.

Ok, so thinking this may be clue, I googled "naked lunch sushi". Well, apparently, I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

I normally love sushi, but I may never ever.....ever.....eat sushi again.....at least without certain images floating through my mind.

Google, why do you dislike me so much?????......LOL!!!

BTW, guess what movie I'll be watching this weekend. Now that I've googled so much about this movie, I'm totally intrigued to watch it.

And, even after all the eye burning images.....I'm STILL empty handed on the t-shirt......CRAP!!!

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 20:08:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I may wear it to the office tomorrow.

I was given it many years ago by Renee one of the original bedbug activists and the founder of NYvsBedbugs.

David

11. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 20:12:54
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 1 minute ago  » 

Please do!!! And, please, post a pic of the t-shirt. I'm all googled out. My eyes can't take any more images of naked people......especially, when sushi is involved.....EEEK!!!

12. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 21:18:13
    #

Login to Send PM

This thread is just what I needed to get me out of my funk. Thank you, guys

13. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 2:14:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I get high by simply watching bedbugs being burned alive WITHOUT needing to inhale the resulting vapors.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  14. Koebner

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 8:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't reccomend oral administration either - bit into one by accident once. It was peppery. (Assume that's Lou's "volatile organics".

However, on realising what I'd done, the world did not contain enough pharmaceutical-grade mouthwash to make me feel clean, not for months afterwards.

I've never looked for the original source but have often read that Burroughs' favourite part of pest control was killing bed bugs. Proof that even the most irksome junky can have positive attributes.

Given the cretinous nonsense underpinning a good deal of current drugs legislation, maybe we should be promoting this guff & demanding some DEA funding gets diverted to bed bug treatment "Think of the children!" moral-panic style?

15. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 11:20:46
    #

Login to Send PM

There is another discussion on this topic which was started before this one, here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/getting-high-off-bedbugs

You may also be interested in the blog post on this topic:

http://bedbugger.com/2014/04/11/smoking-bed-bugs-truth-or-hoax/

(Please leave comments on the blog post if you have any! Thanks!)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  16. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 13:21:34
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 17 hours ago  » 

BTW, David, did you wear your t-shirt today??? Inquiring minds want to know.....lol.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto