Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

German Cockroach vs. Bed Bug!

(14 posts)
  1. BeatTheBugs

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 15:34:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I was wondering anyone had any good pictures of German Cockroach poop pics or any cockroach for that matter? I was wanting to compare them to some droppings I've found and I'm worried they are from bed bugs! How can I tell for sure this isn't bed bug poop? Also I read you can have an allergic reaction to german cockroach sheddings? Is this true? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 18:46:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Rub it with a wet cotton swab if it turns reddish it's probably from a bed bug. BTW what
    makes you think they are from an insect at all?

3. BeatTheBugs

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 23:47:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I put peroxide on them and they don't bubble! Would they have bubbled had they been bed bug feces b/c of the digested blood in it? I'm thinking it's bed bugs b/c I keep getting bit at night! Also the spots I found on the door are perfect circles with little tails.

4. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Mar 4 2009 23:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have a crackpot theory. Keep that in mind.

BBs eat one thing blood so their excrement would be consistent. Roaches eat damn near anything from sugar to electrical insulation so if what goes in is different, what comes out must come out somewhat different.

I could be way off the mark but one of our experts could get you closer.

I found in the roach areas little black "grit" on the wood. Solid stuff like, well grit. No smear testing since I saw egg casings there as well.

Jim

5. BeatTheBugs

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Mar 5 2009 0:03:32
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a good theory Jim and I myself am wondering if it might be from roaches!!! I thought maybe the german cockroach but this isn't gritty and it will smear.

6. bedbugdude

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 0:20:25
    #

Login to Send PM

[+] Embed the videoGet the Video Widget

7. BeatTheBugs

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 9:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Bedbugdude!!! That video was very informative!!! The spots I'm finding on my furniture are like a rust red color and will not smear, in fact they won't even come off! It's like it permanently stained the furniture!!! On the other hand the spots I found out on our laundry room door will smear but they smear like a yellow/brown color! So I don't think anything I'm seeing is BB poop. Thanks again for that video! Those are awesome closeup pics!

8. angie

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 11:13:45
    #

Login to Send PM

That video was awesome, in a gross kind of way. I had a very bad bedbug infestation and the tenants before me had a severe cockroach infestation as well. The cleaning lady didn't clean any of the cockroach crap up and I had 2-3 inches of s**t on the door tops and in the thermostat and in the cupboards and drawers. It was disgusting. I had to ask the PCO who was doing the monthly sprays to identify exactly what this was. I did notice the difference between the poops. The video is right on and it gave me the heeby jeebies. Thank you for posting that video. It holds alot of valuable information.

9. paulaw0919

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 12:38:18
    #

Login to Send PM

BedBugDude., Love the footage. You have helped many with your videos. They show great detail and information with a bit of flair and character. Good stuff.

This last one is great on answering the same old questions that have been on this forum for a very long time.

I can't help but smile and think, "Looks like sh*t, Smells like sh*t, Yep, must be sh*t!" But obviously in this video it shows that "Not all sh*t is created equal!"

10. bitten123

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 16:59:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug dude, wow, love that video! It explains so much. I'm just curious, do cockroaches ever poop onto mattresses too? Or are there any other bugs you have run into that might leave marks on a mattress? Just curious.

11. bedbugdude

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Mar 6 2009 17:04:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all for the kind comments. It makes me feel good knowing my videos can help answer questions and cure peoples curiosity about bed bugs in general. It's what I'm here for. To help educate people about bed bugs. Any other questions or video ideas are always welcome. Thanks again all!

12. bedbugdude

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 8 2009 11:54:12
    #

Login to Send PM

bitten123 - 1 day ago  » 
    Bedbug dude, wow, love that video! It explains so much. I'm just curious, do cockroaches ever poop onto mattresses too? Or are there any other bugs you have run into that might leave marks on a mattress? Just curious.

German cockroaches will poop on anything including mattresses and what ever object or structure they set up shop in. I have never notcied any other droppings of any other insects other then BB's and German cockroaches only because no other insect shares the same trait- pooping in mass where ever they go/hide/breed/molt. I have seen mattresses loaded with both roaches and BB's and yeah, it's pretty much the same as the pictures in my last video. But there is only one reason your going to have German cockroaches living inside your mattress- neglect.

13. bitten123

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 8 2009 13:06:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Bedbugdude, I was curious. I asked because sometimes others find something like dirt in their sheets, and I wonder if maybe something else might cause it, besides bed bugs. Maybe it really is just dirt. I think I find myself fortunate that I have never shared a residence with German Cockroaches....roaches give me the creeps. Anyway, they are probably better than bed bugs..

14. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Mar 8 2009 18:35:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh man... it's sad. I've gotten to the point where I see a cockroach, and I'm just go, "Hmph. You're not a big deal."

Then again, I don't like them very much. And unfortunately, I have to deal with them as well (but LUCKILY the super is coming in tomorrow to caulk up all the gas lines/ pipes behind my sink, which will hopefully cut down on lots of things migrating!).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid