Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Full house treatment 2 days ago, is this a nymph casing & waste?!

(4 posts)
  1. Treelore430

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Dec 6 2018 10:48:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Casing?! We had a very mild infestation. I was the only one being bit regularly (1-2x/night but not every night, perhaps for 4 weeks), my husband was bit a few times, but never the kids or baby (who sleeps in our room). We had the entire house (all rooms, all mattresses, all furniture, baseboards, etc) gased and bedrooms bombed professionally on Tuesday (2 days ago). All new bedding, all new pillows, threw away curtains (that is where we saw that they happened to be congregating, curtains behind our bed). Every mattress and pillow is now in an encasement. We’ve washed and dried EVERYTHING in high heat - dumped out everyones dressers, spent $1 million at the laundromat. Before the extermination procedure, I found one small dead one on my sheets, saw one live one crawling on my sock, and we saw a few live ones on the curtains as we were preparing for treatment. That is the only evidence that we and the exterminator found. We have an in home day care, and a newborn (hence the full-home gasing and bombing).
    Question is...could this be a nymph casing (or is it a booger haha)?! Are these little black dots excrement?! Will I ever stop inspecting every tiny black dot in my home?!

2. Treelore430

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Dec 6 2018 10:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Dec 6 2018 10:54:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Cast skins retain the shape of the bed bug, this does not look bed bug related.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Dec 6 2018 11:26:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No and No.

Here is a cast skin:

castskinstacker2 by David Cain, on Flickr

Because they are so light they are almost impossible to crush, they are literally moved by the breeze of something moving towards it. Thus hard to turn into what you have shown.

The suspect debris while looking like faecal, such as this:

Slide6 by David Cain, on Flickr

Is in fact to oval cylinder shaped to be faecal and is most likely a fibre "bobble" like these although denser packed:

bed bugs limited gallery 3 - non bed bug artifacts by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19