From a closet at work to a nightmare at home

(1 post)
  1. Jay

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Mon Aug 6 2018 6:50:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I felt dread a few months ago when I learned they found bed bugs at my work closet. I always put my jacket in there. If I couldn't find a hanger I would put my coat on the ground. My worplaced sprayed and got rid of a couch (which also had a infestation). I immediately threw away my nice jacket...just put it in a hot dryer everyone told me. I didn't want to take any chances yet I had a bad feeling it was already too late..it was.

A few days later I saw a small bug on my bed..it was reddish and I hoped it was a ladybug. For a few months I would only sporadically see a bug...I should have acted right tben but I stayed in denial.

Then about two months ago I saw bedbugs crawling on my bed much more frequently. A few every night and then one or two when I woke up. I had little or no bite marks but blood came out when I killed them. My skin must not be sensitive to the bites which is bad in a way...it makes it more difficult to get a handle on the problem. Anyway this was causing me great psychological distress (thought of bed bugs 24/7 and was afraid to fall asleep).

I have long needed a new mattress, my mattress was caving in. So two weeks ago I bought a new one and a zippered mattress protector. I kept reading a new mattress doesn't solve a bed bug problem...yet for 2 weeks I saw no bed bugs. Wow! I was so happy...my life could get back to normal again...nope!

Last night, exactly two weeks since I bought my new mattress, I saw a bed bug on my bed. This caused my great distress. I thought about it all day. I had a bad feeling I would see one tonight...sure enough I did.

Could my brand new mattress be infested already? Even with the zippered protector that is supposed to be a bedbug barrier? Or are they probably coming from elsewhere in my bedroom? Anyway now I expect to see them every night again. They probably start biting me after I fall asleep but it's hard to tell with no bite marks.

Now I will probably call an exterminator even if I'm very low income and can't afford it. I just hope that works. I would gladly sacrifice basic necessities such as food to end my bed bug problem.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

282,542 posts in 47,008 topics over 143 months by 20,748 of 21,023 members. Latest: doljm4, lbhaarhus, bed DEbugging