friend possibly has them

(4 posts)
  1. Beth

account closed

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Dec 19 2010 13:03:17
    #

Login to Send PM

so, I guess I couldn't have gone this long (nearly over a year) without infesting someone else. But I'm not sure it was me, and feel I will be blamed. My best friend, who visited yesterday, said she had four bites on her today and was wondering what to do. I said you know do all your bedding and laundry you were wearing 20 minutes past dry. I've got to call her to tell her to vacuum around the bed also.

But the strange thing is that I haven't gotten more than four bites in the past week with steaming and DE, and she was only here for a few hours in my kitchen which, while I use my living room chairs in there, shouldn't be heavily infested. We just steamed the chairs three days ago. I said, maybe if you had one bite or a cluster or something, but these were all over her body, under both arms, her stomach and back. In any case, she lives with her boyfriend but keeps her stuff at a friend's house she periodically stays at, and she stayed there last night. She has had bouts of bites, but then when she stays with her boyfriend, nothing. So I told her, I think her friend is infested but she still is connecting it to being at my place. Could be, I'm not saying it wasn't.

Anyway, I have not been bitten in bed that I can tell in two nights, three nights ago I was bitten when I put a fuzzy sock on and promptly bagged it with the dirty clothes. I have slept soundly more nights than not since first steaming, and that's saying something for our bed being on the ground and not having treated our bedding every day as we used to. I have far fewer bites on me, they are healing now with only two new ones in the past couple of days. The steamer is a godsend, though takes quite a bit of time. Our chairs are a bit more difficult to treat but I dusted the inside of the legs with DE today and will steam them again and have to buy kitchen folding chairs, which I really hate spending money with these things around but we need chairs. They are not totally gone, today is 9 days post first treatment and so we are steaming again and placing DE in more areas as since steam cleaning the carpets, my inhalation allergies are down to 0. My hope is the three new bites on me in the past couple of days are just a batch of eggs we couldn't see that hatched and now will be dead soon and that there are no more critters hiding.

But what do I tell my friend? Her boyfriend has very little money and while she could afford to treat, their house would be a nightmare to treat; they live in the attic and nothing is sealed. I can't believe I can't even have a friend over in my kitchen. These things are killing my social life. How did I go a year without infesting anyone, even at its height, even while crashing with countless people, and now they are on their last legs, and this may be the second person who has gotten them from me in the past month. WTF. Do they sense their demise and so look to attach to another host? I told her, look, I don't have more than four bites on me total in the past week and I sleep here, I don't know what to tell you. We were supposed to go out to coffee but she locked her keys in the car so I invited her in for tea thinking my bugs were nearly gone, and certainly not in my kitchen! She wants to hang out here, she doesn't like I'm isolated. I hope doing her laundry takes care of it for her, or that the bugs didn't travel on her, but my feeling is that her friend is infested, and that will be a nightmare if she then brings them over to her boyfriend's place. People will expect me to tell them how to get rid of them and I DON'T KNOW. I am one of the smartest people I know and I DON'T KNOW.

Amy

2. Beth

account closed

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Feb 6 2011 20:45:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I wanted to update this post. As of February 6, 2011, I have infested no one but myself, apparently over and over again.

The friend's car who I received vikane in that failed, luckily had seat covers and she washed them within a week of receiving her car back and has not had a problem since. My other friend who eventually accused me of infesting her actually realized, after our friendship essentially ended owing to her verbal abuse, that the lady she was staying with, who commutes to NYC, actually has had them quite awhile and never told her.

And the guy I sold the truck to, never got 'em. talked to him the other day. Apparently my heat treatment of the vehicle worked.

so...god is on my side I suppose, or theirs, and not mine. I don't know. But I've officially infested no one but myself and my partner when she moved in with me.

Amy

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Feb 7 2011 2:45:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Amy,

Is the person in the first post above the one of these people:

The friend's car who I received vikane in that failed, luckily had seat covers and she washed them within a week of receiving her car back and has not had a problem since. My other friend who eventually accused me of infesting her actually realized, after our friendship essentially ended owing to her verbal abuse, that the lady she was staying with, who commutes to NYC, actually has had them quite awhile and never told her.

nobugs

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Beth

account closed

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Feb 7 2011 12:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

yes, my best friend is the one who visited, and who lent me her car.

as far as I know her bites have not continued, and only happened in my place and when I first returned her car.

Amy

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,557 posts in 46,824 topics over 143 months by 20,659 of 21,556 members. Latest: DoIHaveBB, Dread Bugs, gbbedbug