Posted 3 years ago
    Tue May 10 2016 19:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

First the "before" pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/ushhR
    Pics after the tape is removed and area is sprayed:
    http://imgur.com/a/59wW1

I just moved to NYC. Here’s the the rundown for the 2 bedroom that I’m in with the subletter:

1. Previous tenant moves out. The subletter on the lease still lives in the other room.

2. 3-4 weeks pass.

3. I move in. I unknowingly slept in the same room for 2 nights. No bites whatsoever… but I did have the light on.

4. On the 3rd day, I started cleaning when I discovered a crazy amount of fecal matter under/over some clear-tape where the floor meets the wall (the edge). However, I couldn’t find any live bedbugs anywhere… I also couldn’t find signs of bedbug activity on the mattress, frame, or dresser.

5. I've been sleeping in the living room couch for the last 5 days. All of my stuff is here as well. No bites so far in the living room (which is about 10 paces away from the “infected room”)

6. Exterminator came yesterday and sprays my room. Confirms that the black spots is fecal matter. Plans on coming back next week for a second spray.

7. I will continue to live in the living room (or move out), until the exterminator comes back and does a second spray.

I couldn’t find ANY bedbugs, dead or alive, except for the one in the above link. Although it might not even be a bedbug, but if it is, it looks like it’s been dead for a long time.

What do you guys think? The subletter claims that the clear tape was already in the room when he first moved in 2 years ago. However, he says that doesn’t know if the BB fecal matter was already on it (he originally thought the tape was there just to prevent floor cracking).

Even if he was telling the truth, it could have been infested when he had the other roommates during the past 2 years (there have been 2 prior roommates). But yet, some of the fecal matter is UNDER the tap. He also says he’s never been bitten and none of the tenants before me ever told him they were bitten.

Does it look like a relatively recent infestation or one from a tenant 2+ years ago? I mean, given the amount of bedbug poop, there had to have been AT LEAST ONE live bedbug somewhere, right? My (hopeful) guess is that before my subletter moved in 2 years ago, the first tenant had bedbugs, and put tape on the edges. Whether or that fool, or the apartment management, exterminated the bedbugs is anyone’s guess.

Thanks. I hate my life.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed May 11 2016 6:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

First picture isn't bedbug related. Recommend you sleep in the bedroom. Consider a monitoring system. No live insects located after 14 days, no bedbugs.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs